Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Attraction and Lust

On a post last week, I went on and on about the amazing thing that is a red headed woman, or at least this specific red headed woman. And yes Rhi, you are right, more Rachel Morgan than Merry Gentry. But I think Scarlett Johansson will always be Merry to me. But, getting back to where I was, I was joined in my appreciation for red heads. At least by most folks, even some of you ladies in the audience.

But, as usual, Anthony gets me to thinking. He was all for the dark hair, dark eyes bit. And, that was how I got to thinking. The first Mrs Duck, brunette, the real Mrs Duck, brunette. The poor rebound girl, brunette. The one that got away during my newborn single life, brunette. In fact, every girl I have ever had some sort of infatuation for has been a brunette. Now, I love the redheads, I have even hooked up with a red head or two, but the ones that seem to make me want to be a tad more permanent, dark hair!

Now, its not all about sex, but is it? When a man sees a woman in a bar, dorm party, park, or some other scoping joint, the first thing they notice is not the hair color. We do not want to get you naked because of your lovely shade of platinum. But, when you are being more settled and looking to find a mate, you are drawn to other qualities.

Of course, the question is why? Why do hormones kick in when you are in heat, in lust, but the qualities are different when you need a mate. And don't be denying it, you women out their do the same things. Your hookups are based on the ass, or the smoldering eyes. I even think that woman search deeper, for that meaningful connection. Will they provide for me, will the make a good father type person? Men, don't go that far, but I can say for 100% certain that we do all have a type. For me, it seems to be petite brunettes.

13 comments:

Tug said...

I just wish I was that sure. I'm attracted to all...and I've been with blonde (married), brunette (lived with for 8 years), black (skin), mexican, greek....... and I still have not one clue. And I'm single. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had an anwer to this, or at least read about one during my days. In my younger days, I seemed to be always the one that was picked for the lust, never the long term. Thankfully, I was at least my husband's type for a mate. I never could figure it out. You men!!

P.S. You've been tagged! (a few days ago, but I am a major slacker!)

Blog said...

I found the hormones kicked in the same for the lust and the mate -- I've always been the "mate" type..., and initial, lusty attraction has always been important....

Anonymous said...

First of all, love the new colors!

As for me, it was hubby's sense of humor that attracted me. I need someone who can make me laugh.

Kailani
An Island Life

Twyla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twyla said...

Sorry, that last comment was deleted by me. It just didn't sound right. Trying to type before my morning coffee just doesn't work.
I never really paid much attention to anyone's hair color. I dated, blondes and brunettes (can you call a man a brunette...lol), and bald guys (by choice, and I'm not talking buzz cut...I'm mean bald with a razor). I always seemed to go for the "rockstar" type. You know, the one in a band, with tattoos. Dated a lot of those guys and got my heart trampled on. I still talk to one of them all these years later (about 11) and he still thinks he's gonna be a 'rockstar'. He actually just packed up his car last week and headed off across the country in search of fame. I'm not even kidding. I soon realized that these kind of guys aren't commitment material and they never change. I always went for short guys too. Only 2 of the guys I dated were actually taller than me. One I married and divorced and the other I'm with now. I guess our tastes change over the years.
I'm not sure that I even answered your question...but I had fun rambling on. LOL

Anthony said...

Geez, who knows, eh? There are so many things that go into it. Generally, I'm a dark hair-eyes guy, but there are exceptions to every rule. Jaime Pressley and, um ... that golfer I like.

But that's the sport of it all, I suppose, and it makes us all a little less shallow if we can put such little things behind us and focus on the individual rather than just the physical.

Body type and physical things are always the first impression, but sometimes there's a person inside that is better off getting to know than merely focusing on the outside.

As I used to say to a friend who bed-hopped: Eventually, you have to talk to her.
So, I'd like to think that my infatuations run deeper - but there's some fun in being shallow too - sometimes.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I have dated one blond in my life.. and married her.. the rest, redhead or brunette

it was and has never been important for me to see hair color.. actually, I am a leg man

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Hmmm. Petite brunette, huh?

Good thing I haven't worn petites since seventh grade...

Anthony said...

"Leg man? Why would I be a leg man? I HAVE legs."

- Jerry Seinfeld

Slackermommy said...

I totally married outside of my type.

Mo said...

hmmm..and I always relied on that old adage that 'gentlemen prefer blondes"...

Desert Songbird said...

I married a blonde, I married a redhead. Who knows? Like Kailani said, for me the main attraction is brains and humor. If you can't make me think and laugh, then I can't be bothered.

Then again, sometimes it's just a chemical reaction. Truly, hormonal and no other explanation. Reminds me of a certain 6'4" brown-haired, blue-eyed guy I knew...