1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up."
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10. You're the one calling the police because those effing kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You take naps.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good chit."
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for Email.
24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking "Oh chit, what the hell happened?"
Monday, July 31, 2006
1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
I finally realized one of the things that really ticks me off between the Israelis and the Palestinians/Hezbollah, or is it Hamas? Well whoever it is. They are using the flawed arguement that Bushie used to go into Iraq, to explain there push into Palestine. Now, I agree with defending your borders, but now it seems that the need to push out the "terrorists" has grown into a need to extend Israel's borders. Sometimes, Recycling does not help the planet.
Posted by Sparky Duck at 11:17 PM
Friday, July 28, 2006
I thought this was a great idea, so I joined in on the fun, whether they wanted me or not. :P Apt 2024 Random Friday Story Weather
My 10 for the Day
2.Mr Brightside-The Killers
3.Goodbye Yellow Brick Road-Elton John
4.Cry 4 U-Jodeci
8.Take me Home-Phil Collins
9.Everybody wants to Rule the World-Tears for Fears
10.William Tell Overture-Boston Pops
Favorite Song:Walk On-U2. The timing of the song was perfect, and it really helped to build up peoples low emotions after 9/11
Favorite Album:Since the U2 one is a Live Single, it doesnt count, so I would have to say Elton Johns Greatest Hits. Not the best for fashion, but how could you go wrong with any album that contains Daniel.
Seen Live-U2 & the Boston Pops and no not at the same time
Join in if you wish, and skip over to the other blog to see some other lists
Posted by Sparky Duck at 5:31 PM
Heck, I dont even think the National Review is a Spin or Blender. At least with Blender you get hot chicks. Anyway, they put out a list that names some of the 50 songs that Conservatives should love. Sickening and humorous all at the same time. Though, shocking that Metallica made the top 10, the biggest money grubbing rock band in the world.
Before I forget, let me make sure Miss Margo gets her credit for bringing this to my attention at least.
Posted by Sparky Duck at 5:03 PM
Well, where was I under a rock? I totally missed this until I heard mention of someone from ESPN being let go while listening to the always enterntaining Mike and the Mad Dog, but you would think that someone somewhere on the world leader in Sports would make some sort of comment. Though, they still are owned by Disney, who loves to keep everything internal! But it seems Harold Reynolds might have been a bad boy. Deadspin does a good job of covering or at least digging for some information.
Posted by Sparky Duck at 4:43 PM
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Whoa! Jockey takes cue from ill-mannered Zidane Seems someone may have been a bit wound up, or maybe too heavy? Though I am more thinking its just a European thing. Or as Mrs Duck tried to explain "Its like you and the cat, you headbutt each other our of affection" Did I mention that Mrs D was a tad sleep deprived?
Posted by Sparky Duck at 11:36 PM
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
wow, all I can really say is wow. I do believe that he maybe a bit off his rocker. HIV conspiracy or not, Morrison's a fighter
Posted by Sparky Duck at 2:48 PM
Monday, July 17, 2006
So, Friday night was movie night, though with this oppressive heat, I could easily see every night being movie night. Since it we saw Pirates last week, it was Mrs. Duck's turn and we went to see Devil Wears Prada. First off, the movie was much too long, over 2 hours, but that had to be because they stuck close to the book in general and there was not much you could cut. I actually liked the movie more then the book, probably because the Witch boss was not an utter ogre. That was one of my biggest complaints about the book, no one could be this brutal all of the time. At least with the movie, we saw that she had at least a good side at the end. So overall, too long, lots of hot chicks in designer clothes (not that I knew who the hell the designers were) and not that bad a way to spend 2 and a half hours.
Posted by Sparky Duck at 9:09 AM
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
If you are going to go out and do something stupid like kill yourself, please be kind enough to jump off a bridge, or take a mix of pills or something like that. Do not jump in front of a train, or do suicide by cop, and for the love of god, do not blow up your building.
All this accomplished was destroying a bunch of homes around him, got a firefighter injured, and had the east coast on edge about terrorists. Brillant!
Posted by Sparky Duck at 10:43 AM
Friday, July 07, 2006
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
This whole budget crisis really has gotten me in a lather. So I did a tad bit of research on the anchor of this whole mess, New Jersey Legislature - Assemblyman Joseph J. Roberts Jr. (D) of Camden and Gloucester county. His whole arguement is two fold, first that south Jersey does not wish to pay for the spending of North Jersey, and that property tax relief is needed. Si, Mr. Roberts is out for the little guy right, stopping the excess of NJ spending. Sounds really very heroic, a Don Quiote of NJ. Oh wait, whats this, a bill he sponsored on June 22, to allow the sales tax to rise from 6% to 7% on certain sales. Here take a look at the bill.Joseph Roberts Bill
so the sales tax can be raised on anything except for, things served with a fork or containing 2 or more ingredients (restaurant lobby), anything sold out of a vending machine (the highly powerful vending machine lobby), any boxing, kickboxing, or some sort of combat with hands (hmm, anyone say Bob Arum or Don King??) and rooms in hotel establishments except for those people living there month to month (the hotel and leisure lobby, ATLANTIC CITY CASINOS!!). So, Mr. Roberts in the end does not give a hoot about the little people, he just wants to be sure that the Steve Wynn's, Donald Trumps, and whoever owns Harrahs of the world be sure that they dont lose any of there billions of dollars.
What a crock. Property Tax in NJ is out of control, yet this man represents Camden and Gloucester County. Not exactly the hot beds of the housing boom. Tell him he's wrong, tell him that we can see through all this, that its a sham, a magic trick performed by George Norcross and the Trumps and Hiltons of the world. Tell him to move on already!
Posted by Sparky Duck at 11:46 PM