Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Icebox Borky Tag



The Songbird was nice last week, seeing that my brain was full of porridge and figured I needed some blogging help. So, she reached out and tagged me with the 6 boring/quirky things about me meme. What a fine desert friend! So, this feathery blogger obliged, even though it was later then need be.

) Link to the person who tagged me.

2) Mention the rules.

3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.

4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them.

5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.

And now, I am sure, more then you ever wanted to know...

1-I feel a little bit guilty when I am playing my Xbox 360. Not because it is childish or immature, but because it is set up in the living room and it bores the heck out of Mrs Duck. So I feel like I am kicking her out of her relaxation zone.

2-I twirl my hair when I am tired or bored. Not exactly something that odd, except for the fact that I find myself doing it at work.

3-I collect horse racing glasses. Now there is nothing wrong with the Kentucky Derby or the Preakness, plenty of people collect those. But I have searched EBay for glasses from the Blue Grass Stakes and the Travers. Not exactly big name races. Mrs Duck is not amused.

4-I love to cook, but hate to grill. I have a fear that the propane will somehow get loose and I will explode in a firey blast of gas and hamburger.

5-I just do not get the appeal of the TV Show, Lost.

6-I used to feel bad for stuffed animals, especially the last ones on a shelf, so I would buy them so they did not feel all alone.

6a-I still do #6 occasionally now if my mood is just right.

There, six more reasons why yours truly should probably be committed. And now, who to tag, who to tag.

a-Dragon
b-Sognatrice
c-SaS
d-Ali
e-Jeff
f-One Gal

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i don't get the whole "lost" thing either sparky. and you are a LITTLE strange buying the stuffed animals, but then who the hell am i to talk, heck i have an imaginary cat with a pet spider and all... just sayin'. ha ha ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Aw, I just love that Number 6 (and 6a).

My brother (who is simply an enormous guy) twirls his hair too, although I don't know if he does it in public. But don't tell him I told you even this much.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I don't Lost either. Or Heroes. They just feel like they are trying waaay too hard to be all hip and Joss Whedon-like.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

LOVE Lost...sorry I spoiled the party here

Twirl your hair? I had a girlfriend who used to do that...was that YOU?
LOL

'explode in a firey blast of gas and hamburger' LOL I love that one

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, I am so with you on #6. I hate seeing stuffed animals at garage sales or worse, in the trash. I cannot bear imagining the rejection they must feel. Except that respectable grown-ups tell me they don't have feelings ... Now I'm off to be quirky.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Sparky, I hear you about #6.

I used to sleep with all of my stuffed animals because I didn't want any of them to feel left out or rejected. And, I'd rotate them in terms of how close they were to me in bed. Again, so noone would feel left out.

Desert Songbird said...

You'd get along well with my son. He never met a stuffed animal he didn't like.

Thanks for playing along!

Introverted Journal said...

Thanks for sharing.