Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is that all there is?

I live in a battleground state, at least this time around when it comes to the Democrats running for President. And frankly, I have to say I am disappointed in the onslaught of people trying to get me to vote one way or another on April 22.
We have only gotten 3 calls to be sure to vote for Obama or the Hill. There has been no one knocking at my door, jamming leaflets down my throat. I have only been polled called for my opinion once and that was a total accident since it happened at work. And the lack of commercials is a tad odd. Even in the mayoral primary this year, there was more commericals for candidate A, B or C then there has been this time around. On a commercial side note, while I like Mayor Nutter, he is not exactly the strongest person to be talking for Hillary. He has been mayor for like 3 days. Plus, where is my 3 AM phone call?

Yet the race seems to be getting closer in the Keystone state, even without the barrage. Depending on what poll you listen too, it is as 5 to 9 between the two, and while I think some of these polls could be run by Franks Chicken Hut and Polling company, it is still a drop from the 14 point lead that Hillary once had. I wonder if both Dems are trying not to beat us over the head with there message because they will be back in a few months to try and beat McCain over the head.

11 comments:

Schmoop said...

I'd like to beat McCain over the head. Cheers Sparky!!

Anthony said...

There's a line forming for that job, matt-man. :)

I've seen that Obama commercial enough to qualify as an "onslaught". The one where he's strolling around outdoors telling us he doesn't take money from PACs and how hard it is for us to pay for stuff like gasoline.

Nutter's angle has more to do with buddying-up to Rendell than anything else, I think. Although I liked his response to the question about supporting a black candidate because he is black. It shows that he isn't willing to throw over his friends and colleagues for a racial cause. For now, I'll believe that he's speaking his heart and mind because I don't know any better. I figure Hillary is out for all the friends she can get and Nutter's support is big for her.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

so sparky, who's it going to be?

smiles, bee

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

you are upset that you are NOT getting calls?

Duck...we gotta talk dude.

The Gal Herself said...

I'm surprised to hear you're not seeing my Senator's face on your TV screen at all hours of the day and night. I keep hearing about how much he's spending in PA. Do you think maybe he assumes you're in Clinton Country and is airing his spots in smaller markets?

Anndi said...

Polled at work? geez!

Mimi Lenox said...

You've been royally tagged by Mimi Queen of Memes. Have fun!
Message In a Bottle

This will take your mind off the politics for awhile.....Ho hum...

Sparky Duck said...

Matt/Anthony:The line starts behind this duck.

Anthony:Plus Nutter is a tad pissed Obama backed Fattah, for some freaking reason.

Bee:Its gonna be Hillary here, but not by as much as she will hope and I predict she will go away after IndiCarolina.

Bond:I do get some joy out of answering the "can so and so count on your support" with an nice polite "um no"

Gal:It seems to have picked up recently, must be the less than 2 weeks plan. I think the Hill is worried about Western PA. Its hard to say who is the leader here, since I see Bucks going one way, Chester another and who the hell knows in Montgomery/Delaware.

Anndi:it would be more fun if I were a stripper.

Mimi:I am honored and will hit it tomorrow morning.

Wylie Kinson said...

Times like this I'm glad I'm not American because quite honestly, I just can't decide who I like better. I really like hearing Hill talk - she's instils such confidence, and I like her tough-ass moxieness (new word), but I'm also charmed by Obama and think a dose of fresh optimistic blood might make a difference to how others view America(thank you Mr. Bush for the tarnished reputation).

I'd love to see a woman take the white house, but I'd also love to see a black man take the white house.

Alas, I'm Canadian, so I'm unnecessarily torn.

Anthony said...

Politics is strange business. But I do like Michael Nutter very much, regardless of whom he supports. I think he'll be good for the city.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Sign me up for the head beating of McCain. But if I may, I'd like to use Heather Mill's prosthetic leg for an international flare.