Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back in the Keystone State

Hey, was there some sort of Primary election here yesterday or something?

So, Mrs Duck and I are officially back from the land of Palmettos. We are both well rested and relaxed feeling, though also kind of exhausted. It is amazing how hard it is to sleep in foreign beds for long periods of time.I am sure that well rested feeling will escape us both by about 11 AM or so tomorrow, as we get entrenched back into the fun of work. The weather everyday there was near perfection, 70s to low 80s, sun, no humidity.

It should make plenty of sense then as I felt the gloom and bleh feeling wash over me just as I get a view of the grey buildings and hustle and bustle of the Philadelphia skyline. Now, I think the skyline of Philadelphia is gorgeous and the city is a great place to live in, but it does not have the slow downed relaxed attitude, with a sea breeze.

Which is why I now have a desperate feeling for a palm tree.

5 comments:

Tilly Greene said...

Welcome back to the Ducks! Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves...and may the palm trees keep swaying in your mind :-)

Cinnamon Girl said...

Which part of the Palmetto state were you in Sparky? Charleston?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

ah yes Palm trees rule...

welcome home...

Sparky Duck said...

Starr:Hilton Head and Bluffton

Desert Songbird said...

Palm trees I got. Beach I DON'T got. Give me the sound of surf and I'm a happy girl.