Thursday, January 10, 2008

Nutter & Rappers Delight

Philadelphia just had a new mayor elected this year, and his inauguration was the other day. If anyone knows Mayor Sleezy, er I mean former Mayor Street, anyone is probably an improvement. Michael Nutter won in an easy landslide and is ready to start his "Its A New Day" administration in Philadelphia.

Nutter also apparently has a loose wild side, as noted by this video from his Inauguration Ball/Party. Thanks to Philly Word Live for giving us a little Rapper's Delight.

4 comments:

Shirl said...

Hey, Sparks, it's Annie (with a new alter ego). This has nothing to do with your post, but I found a site that I know you'll like...especially if you're still into cooking like you were. It's thepioneerwomancooks.com, plus her regular blog, thepioneerwoman.com. When I saw the recipies I thought of you right away. Check it out and go cook Mrs. Duck something new and pioneery (don't let the title fool you; this chick Ree is a total hoot). Just wanted to share!!

Anonymous said...

I actually wish more politicians were like that. I hate that they try to appear so perfect in order to appeal to everyone. I also wish I could do Rapper's Delight.

Twyla said...

Okay so here in Canada we are a little different. We have Prime Ministers instead of presidents, premiers instead of senators. Anyways, the premier of our great province of Nova Scotia, recently made this shameless video for David Letterman... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yABU4S40N8
Now really, wouldn't you want to live in a place where the political leader has such a great sense of humour. If you don't find this at least a little entertaining, then please know that i have been drinking alot tonight.. that is my excuse.
BTW... i freakin' hate politics!

Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?