Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #57-A quick and dirty one


Thirteen Things I have learned in the last ten days


Yes, I have been back to work, and things have been a little bit different.

1.If you have to commute along the PA Turnpike and you are not getting paid 6 figures, you are not getting paid enough money.

2.Especially if you have to commute past the Norristown exit, where there is not only construction on the road, but on all the exits.

3.Its amazing what you see before 7 am, like this morning I caught sight of 6 hawks.

4.I enjoy the small pleasures now, like being able to sleep past 8 am.

5.Which is what I plan to do this weekend, since I do not need to work.

6.You also forget how easy it is to let a day off go to waste, I looked at how little I accomplished last Monday and felt like it was all for nothing.

7.Back roads can save you time, but once there is an accident in front of you, your goose/duck is cooked.

8.Coffee is a necessity of life.

9.I do not smoke as much as I used to, probably because I just dont have as much chance to.

10.But when I do smoke, its usually more the one, gotta get all the nicotine I can.

11.It is probably worse when you have to work until 6 pm instead of having to get to work at 8 am.

12.Cooking can now sometimes be a chore.

13.I actually have skills when it comes to doing the job I do.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've always had to get up between 4:30 and 5:30 for work. I don't think I could sleep in past 8 anymore if I tried.

Anonymous said...

Nice Thursday Thirteen! I just posted my Thursday Thirteen, with a few add ins! I hope you are having a good one! Please come by and visit my blog!

Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

Not doing a TT this week but glad I read your list of things you have learned..Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I have just recently learned about #8. I thought I'd be more of a tea drinker, but gradually, I am seeing the value of a hot cup of java more and more... a coffeeholic is about to be born soon. Eep.

Tilly Greene said...

13 is the best, must make working just that little bit easier :-)

No matter what your own commute will always be the worst, because it's you who has to do it...but I think you're right, what you see early in the morning can be amazing.

Unknown said...

There is no such thing as life without COFFEE, so I think that is an awesome lesson. Great T13, glad you were one of my random 13 visits this week. Hope you'll check my list out today.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Back roads rock. Either way, the Tour Manager will often call me and ask me to check Traffic.com for him to see what's caused the latest backup. Can't avoid it, babe.

As for construction on the Pike... I SO hear you!!!

Raggedy said...

I felt like I was visiting my family. I haven't been on the PA turnpike in years.
My family is out there.
Amazing that after all these years the pike is still having the same problems...lol
Watch out for deer out there this time of year.
The last time I was out there was in 1999.
I bet the fall colors are fabulous.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Darla said...

Congrats on #13--definitely helps with the job satisfaction. :) My sympathies on the traffic & construction zones.

Rebecca said...

# 8 is about as true of a statement as there is :-0

And don't worry, next week you get a couple more days off (don't you?)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

excellent 13 there Mr. Duck....

I know that Norristown area ...there has been construction for the last 200 years me thinks....

Carrie Lofty said...

Cooking sometimes a chore?? ALWAYS! And folks aren't satisfied eating one meal. They want one every day! Sometimes more than one!

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm gosh I know, wasting a day off when you work SUCKS!!! And you don't have to tell me about constructions. Yeesh.

Anonymous said...

I'm so not a morning person, that's why I work as a barkeeper, I start late (8p.m.) and everybody understands that I sleep til late ;)

Great list, happy TT!

Greets Julia

Valtool said...

I would suggest cutting back on the cigarettes. For an alternative, I suggest TastyKakes. :)

Anthony said...

From what I hear, there is constant road work being done on the PA Turnpike. It travels around like a virus.

The Gal Herself said...

#13 broke my heart. OF COURSE you have skills! They undoubtedly chose you over other job candidates for a reason, it's not like you got this job as a fluke or because you're the boss' brother-in-law. I bet your bosses and coworkers are impressed as hell with you.

SJ Reidhead said...

Cooking is ALWAYS a chore!

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Anonymous said...

I used to try to find shortcuts to work, and #7 is so true!

Anonymous said...

Commuting is such a chore. I admire your discipline. But I envy your glimpse of six hawks!

Anndi said...

This is a great list and I've ben on the turnpike in one of my travels and ugh!

I get REAL crabby when I don't get coffee, so yup on that one too.

I'm trying to sleep til just a few minutes past 6:00 but the dogs won't let me.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I can relate to alot of these, especially cooking and coffee, and I like to take shortcuts and backways alot, to cut out driving time, but an accident can set me back hours. :)


Have a great weekend!