Wednesday, November 14, 2007

O'Reilly to the Rescue

I was wracking my brain on the ride home, trying to figure out what I would exactly blog about today for Nablopomo. I mean, seriously, who wants to hear about my day? I am not even sure I really want to hear about my day and I lived it.

So, the mind drifted to sports, as it often does and I found myself on WFAN out of New York, one of the classic sports talk stations in the country. I tuned in just in time to hear a commercial for Bill O'Reilly's so called TV show, the O'Reilly Factor.

Quick Disclaimer, I hate O'Reilly and all that the so called news channel Fox News stands for *hops off soapbox*

So, here is a Papa Bear on the radio, talking about tonights show. The first segment will be about the Jena 6 and the money raised for there defense that may or may not be missing. During this commercial, which surely can not be live, O'Reilly states that 6 boys/men were arrested and jailed in Arkansas. Now, lets see what is wrong with that last sentence, wait for it, wait for it.

From Wikipedia:

The Jena Six refers to a group of six black teenagers who were charged with the beating of Justin Barker, a white teenager at Jena High School in Jena, Louisiana, United States, on December 4, 2006


Off to a rousing start. Next, we will be the rantings of pundit and comedian Dennis Miller, who I admit I sometimes find funny. Miller will focus on the writers strike in Hollywood/New York and also have a few comments about Redacted, a movie about the rape and murder of a 14 year old iraqi girl, allegedly by US soldiers and the whitewashing of the press coverage my the mainstream media. Oh I am sure they will both give a two big thumbs up to the movie.

And finally, we close it out with a talk on a study in some newspaper about online dating and the fact that 1/3 of women who sign up for those online dating websites and go on dates have sex on the first date. News flash to Bill O'Reilly, women like sex. Maybe not the women you know, but women do like sex.

So lets quickly recap so you can set your TiVos for the late evening showing of this fine television program.

1.A story about missing money raised for accused black men that is already off to a bad start because the lead in is horribly inaccurate.

2.A love fest between two right wing yahoos about how it maybe bad to tell the truth in this war, because the truth may actually be dark dirty and scary and um, bad for ratings.

3.Sex, lots of it and how women these days must just me sluts or something, though I am sure there will be lots of steamy pictures in the background while O'Reilly talks.

Yep, where is Kitchen Nightmares when I need it.

7 comments:

Anthony said...

Since when did O'Reilly let the facts get in the way of a good story?

Miller has some kind of sports chat show on cable now. He's way too hip to ever be mainstream, and his appearance on Monday Night Football signaled the downfall of a once fine broadcast.

I wish I could verify the online dating stats.

Travis Cody said...

1. I never rely on Bill O to tell me the truth or get his facts properly checked and verified.

2. Didn't Miller used to be a bleeding heart liberal?

3. HA! Why shouldn't women get as much sex as they want??

Anonymous said...

Think I'd rather watch Kitchen Nightmares myself...

Jay said...

Dude, you need a good book!

Anndi said...

You used sex and O"Reilly on the same post.. aka birth control.

Excuse me while I go bleach my brain.

You'd be wound up tight as he is if you hadn't gotten any since ... well... let's not think about when he did m'ok?

Hugs dear... I liked hearing about your day.

Cinnamon Girl said...

FYI...Color of Change, the organization that raised money for the Jena 6 (in Louisiana of course, O'Reilly is a walking log of fecal matter)have responded to the claims and went so far as to post the signed checks given to the attorney's of the 6. Anyone interested in this can check out this article here

http://www.colorofchange.org/jena/baisden/

I donated and would sure hate to see shit like Bill O'Stool screw up more donations for those kids.

Can ya tell I hate him too :P

And how bout those Irish pub owners! Making Gordon puke in the loo...how rude!

Spot The Difference said...

Kitchen Nightmares is right here.. all the episodes are online on my site.

http://whatwouldramsaydo.com