Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Little Misbehaving

Ok, everyone knows I am a huge sports fan. Heck 30% (ok shut up maybe more) of this blog is sport related. But, unless you pay real close attention, you just figure I like the Oregon Ducks and then the rest of the local teams in Philadelphia.

Au Contraire my friend! Yes, my first love, at least sports wise, is the Oregon Ducks. Them I live and die with. And yes, I truly hope the Phillies and Eagles do well, because it just seems to make the city a happier place.

But, I love the Red Sox. They are my baseball team. In fact, so much, that even when we went to a Phillies game last year, and the Red Sox fans took over the stadium, I was there in my Bosox hat, clapping until my hands hurt when Big Papi hit a home run.

So, while I have had fun poking Tug and Bond and even thinking I was poking Travis, even though I never called him out directly, I never really gloated as the Red Sox's went to the World Series and the Yankees hit the golf course. But now I change that.

Earlier this week, the BOSTON RED SOX won there second World Series in the last 4 years. Thats twice as many championships one by the boys of Boston then were won by the bloated spending Yankees. More then any team in the Senior League, the National League. 2000 may just be the decade of Boston.











7 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

See I knew you liked the Sox and I thought you were being awfully low key about it!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

un huh... ummm your guys spent almost as much as the Yankees...
1.New York Yankees $ 189,639,045
2.Boston Red Sox $ 143,026,214

Can we please stop with the Yankees 'bloated' salaries???? $46 million is pocket change

Jenny McB said...

We can talk money, but the younger guys all added their two cents to the championship. It was exciting and boy are we ever glad that it was over in 4 games. Just way too late...I stilled called my Dad at 12 am on Sunday.

So how tacky was the whole Arod announcement?

Erin said...

OMG - I completely forgot you were a fellow Red Sox Fan... Please forgive me!!! I was living in my own state of bliss and totally forgot to spread the weatlth, lol.


YAY SOX!!

Rebecca said...

Ummm... Whoohooo Sox! ;-)

Sparky Duck said...

Bond Baby, all that money spent and so little to show for it over the last 6 years.

jenny said it spot on

Travis Cody said...

Yes yes. Congratulations. You have certainly earned gloating rights. And 2 out of the last 4 years is excellent, considering that my Dodgers haven't won a playoff game since 1988.

However, please consider this:

26 = Yankees WS titles
7 = Red Sox WS titles

The Yankees have won at various times 4 titles in a row, 5 titles in a row, 3 titles in a row, and they've gone back to back three times.

Yankee WS Champs in 1923, 1927-28, 1932, 1936-39, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949-53, 1956, 1958, 1961-62, 1977-78, 1996, 1998-2000.

Money does talk in this game. If your payroll is over $140m, then you are spending the money it takes to get the players you need to compete for championships. You just have to make sure you spend it on the right talent, and then hope it doesn't get stage fright in the big moment.

The Yankees have spent well in the past and the Red Sox are spending well right now.

Big game with ASU this weekend! Go DUCKS!