Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #53-The Faerie Con One


Thirteen Artists & Authors at Faerie Con 2007


Faerie Con 2007 is coming to Philadelphia this weekend. Since I am all wrapped up in a bunch of things this weekend, I will not be able to get down there. That, or I am a chicken when it comes to sharing the idea that I like Faeries. Either way, I won't be able to get there, but there will be plenty of very talented artists. Here are 13 that will be there.

1. Brian and Wendy Froud. They are apparently the guests of honor.

Brian Froud
Wendy Froud

2.Holly Black. She is not actually an artist, but an author, best known for the Spiderwick Chronicles, which apparently is being turned into a movie.

3.Barbara Moore is an author and certified Tarot Card Reader, including the beautifully drawn book Mystic Faerie Tarot. I think one of the reasons Tarot Cards intrigue me is because they are just gorgeous.

4.Jessica Beckett-Griffith is a Faerie artist who allows her drawings to show her influences in the Mayan, Hindu and Greek traditions.


5.Jacqueline Collen Tarroly


6.J.Cosentino of a Time of the Faeries. His artwork is actually pictures, not drawings and it is knock your socks off beautiful.


7.Kinuko Craft-An artist that uses her images to tell a story as opposed to just being visually stunning.


8.Jessica Galbreath
, painter of myth, magik and enchantment.


9.Ted Naismith, who is best known for his illustrations of some J.R. Tolkien books.


10.Linda Ravenscroft is the artist/illustrator of the Mystic Faerie Tarot books written by Barbara Moore (who I mentioned earlier).


11.Helen Nelson Reed-an artist that works in Watercolors, which just has to be magnificent to see in person.


12.Josephine Wall, who seems to go into to things I love, faeries and water.


13.Jen Delyth, a celtic illustrator who focuses alot of her works on the magik of nature.


So there you go, now you know what we both will be missing, which now that I researched it more, kinda really sucks.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





33 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

Cosentino's work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Schmoop said...

Your supernatural ways frighten me!!

Cecily R said...

My daughter would be ooohing and aweing if she were here! I think we'd have to look at #11 over and over... :)

http://www.mychaosmybliss.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Man, I love the Frouds stuff.

My fave faerie artist is David Delamare... (I think that's the right spelling)

Rebecca said...

Now I feel all special because I've read 3 of Holly Black's books. Oh wait, those were written for teenagers... Oh well, they were about Faeries and my niece liked them, so I read them :-0

Happy TT13 :-)

L^2 said...

I must admit that I don't know much about this stuff, but the artwork is beautiful.

Happy TT and thanks for visiting my list!

Yuriko said...

Such cool graphics! I love art about faeries :)

Nicole said...

Oh man! I'd love to go to that, too. But alas, I shall have to miss it.

Thanks for the links, and happy TT!

The Gal Herself said...

You're so enthusiastic about these artists and their talents! And how often to they come to town? Hope you can get over there.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

don't forget to go over to mags and donate five bucks for the breast cancer walk, okay? it is this sunday and she is so close to her goals. thanks mate!

smiles, bee

pussreboots said...

Pretty pictures. Can't say I've heard of any of these artists. Happy TT.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Gorgeous stuff, Sparky!! I wish I was free to jump in the car and head out there to see this stuff in person.

If you wind up going, tell everyone you're my rep. That'll save some face for you.

Happy TT, love! Say hi to Mrs. Duck for me!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, so gorgeous. I love fairies, too. :-) Thanks for visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

I really really like #13 - way cool!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Yeah, what Susan said! Just go, Man!

Oh, they're all so lovely, especially Kinuko Craft and Helen Nelson Reed. Ted Naismith's forest is shivery-good.

Finlands finest said...

I love 5, 7, and 11. I wish I had the same vision as all of these artists!

J. Lynne said...

What? No Ruth Thompson or Amy Brown?

impwork said...

Sorry you can't make it. Sounds like a fun con. I'd like to go but theres an ocean in the way ;-)

Robin said...

I have to admit that I'm quite disturbed by Brian Froud's unicorn, but I love the ones you've shown for Tarroly and Craft.

Amy Ruttan said...

Beautiful artwork. I love fairy art. I get weird looks from my in laws when they look at my Fairy Art calendar.

Of course I get weird looks from them when they see my covers from EC.

My husband didn't have cable in the country. ;)

Anthony said...

Faeries? I thought the Eagles were playing the Jets this week?
The Cowboys game is in a couple of weeks.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Kidlet and I try to make it to Faerieworlds Festival every summer =)

Ann said...

Beautiful pictures.

Lisa Andel said...

That sucks that you won't make it to see all these wonderful aritsts.

Jill said...

I want more of those...And I'm too lazy to go check the links that you have put!!

Rhian said...

these are awesome Sparks. I'll have to see if my college roommate did any faerie art - i think his stuff it mostly dark. He did illustrations for the Crow Movie several years ago and has become this hotshot illustrator dude. Link to his site on my blog (Jeff Pittarelli) - just be prepared if you take a peek - some of it isn't for the fainthearted - but all stunningly done.

Malcolm said...

This is some beautiful artwork. I became familiar with the artistry of Brian Froud from my days working in bookstores.

Tink said...

I would have loved to go to FaerieCon! Wonderful Tt with lots of my favourites!
Thanks for visiting my Yeats TT last week. I've been away for the weekend, so I'm very late to return the favour!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/order-amoxicillin/]amoxicillin 500 mg bronchitis
[/url]amoxicillin clav 875 mg
amoxicillin mg\/kg in children
amoxicillin 500 mg blue pink

Tips and Tricks blog said...

I love that idea. Great post!

Urology Surgery in India said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this Post....

Dr. Kapil Kumar said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Dr. Rakesh Kumar said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.