Monday, October 15, 2007

Newsy Notes

47 degrees here in Philly this morning. By the end of the week it is supposed to get back up into the 80s one more time. Be prepared for a lovely flu epidemic to be hitting the Northeast in ohhhh about 10 days or so.

A Big thank you to Wylie Kinson. She mentioned a chat that some of the Ellora's Cave writers were having last week, and I won a prize for signing up and sharing some of my wittiness. A free book, bookmark and an Ellora's Cave playing card deck. The book and bookmark will find a good home in Chez Duck, but be prepared for the possibility of the card deck being a future contest surprise, we shall see how good the men look.

My neighbor annoyed me this weekend by having her two cats running around for like 6 hours outside. And of course, she was not paying attention to them as they were. Nothing wrong with giving your felines some fresh air, but when it begins to get dusk like outside and your kitty is still wandering around down by the street, you are officially the worst cat owner of the weekend.

7 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Harely (my cat) does NOT go out. At all, period. He gets confused if he is downstairs and can hear me but not see me. He'd NEVER find his way home. He's kinda like Kelso from That 70's Show.

And congrats on your win!

Lisa Andel said...

Super on the win!

I don't have cats, but I've got the two dogs, and I never let them out front without going out with them. (Since they're retards, I'd hate to have something happen to them).

Desert Songbird said...

I don't do cats, but it always bugged me when others would allow their cats to piss and dump in the neighbor's sand box.

Ick.

Wylie Kinson said...

Congrats on the win, Sparkle! Again, I'm sorry I missed ya...
Next time :)

Anthony said...

My cat goes outside sometimes,when I'm home. He prefers to find a shrub near the condo and just sit. He never roams, and is always no more than 20 feet from the front door.
The guy likes fresh air, and who am I to refuse?
He's NEVER out near sunset. For one thing, he's black and would be near impossible to find, and for another thing, he isn't allowed out near sunset.

Anonymous said...

She's lucky that nothing happened to those cats! My cats are strictly indoor cats. That's why I was so surprised that one of them found their way home after being lost for 2 weeks!

Anonymous said...

Thankfully my husband and kids are allergic to cats. So we have dogs. They slobber a lot.

Get a flu shot!