Monday, September 17, 2007

Duck Re-Design

I had visions of a nice relaxing weekend, perhaps sleeping late, some football watching and then enjoying a cool crisp fall weekend. Bah, that plan went totally out of the window.

Mrs Duck has never been happy with the setup of the furniture in the living/dining room area of the condo. Part of the problem is the setup of the space in general. There are not enough outlets, windows in the wrong spots, a fire place closing off half the room, etc, etc etc. But she has also been bothered by the cluttered feeling of the place, and got a little bug planted in her head to move some of the furniture around. Well, all of the furniture around, including the TV, on a College football Saturday no less!

Tin Man and the Spice Girl came up to help and those handy little furniture sliders that you see on TV at 2 in the morning, were also a big help, but it was not anywhere near click. The TV here, the TV there, bring a table upstairs, take a comforter downstairs in two pieces, move a bookcase, blah blah blah.

I must admit, it does look better, and Mrs Duck could really be on one of those design shows. She never measured anything and yet was able to plot out everything on a piece of paper and almost everything fit. It does have a cozier feel. One complaint is that I can not see the TV set from the office, in fact as I sit here right now I can only hear it, but its only me, ya know. The re-design was much better then seeing some rerun sitcom would be.

Though, about 3:00 yesterday afternoon, as we were buried up to our eyeballs in doing the a redesign on the pantry (throwing plenty of old food out from 2004 by the way) I finally almost hit my breaking point. Yes, I admit it, I nearly whined "Come on, I just want to sit and watch some football." Yes, men are pathetic.

7 comments:

Twyla said...

The movie was Pan's Labyrinth. I LOVED it. I couldn't stop crying at the end. I don't know what was wrong with me. LOL

Wylie Kinson said...

Nothing like a good shake-up of the house to get your creativity flowing again, though!

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

mrs duck has good taste, you're lucky to have her!

Anonymous said...

You are a good man, Sparky! Enjoy your three plus hours of football tonight!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Is Mrs. Duck available for my family room? This would be a paid assignment.

Jenny McB said...

I have it on very good authority that there is a very special place in heaven ( after you get bumped to the head of the line) for men who move furniture on Saturdays in the Fall. Really, cross my heart and ....

You are a good man! I have given up around here.

Anonymous said...

I usually clean out the pantry when DH isn't home. He'll want to keep everything! Yet he doesn't miss it when he doesn't know it's gone.

I bet the place looks great now!