Monday, September 17, 2007

Poetry Train Kidnaps Amy Lee

Well, maybe not kidnaps, damn if Amy Lee is not hot in that quirky sort of way. If I was 10 years younger, and if I was born a female and not a duck, I would have been gothic. However, age does not stop me from being an Evanescence fan and the torment that they exude in some of there songs touch so many emotion strings as you listen to them, that if you are not a fan, at least you appreciate the talents. But of course there is talent, it made the Poetry Train, didn't it?



My Immortal lyrics

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus]

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

13 comments:

Twyla said...

My fave Evanescence song ever.

Unknown said...

I love that song. Thanks for posting it!

Lisa Andel said...

I really like this song, but it always gets to me emotionally.

the Book of Keira said...

I get told a lot that Amy Lee is my doppelganger...lol.

Schmoop said...

The lyrics are kinda fluffy and trite but then again I am more of a Dr. Seuss kinda guy. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

One of my favourite songs!

Wylie Kinson said...

holy shit, Sparky! You're not going to believe this, but I'm listening to it AT THIS VERY MOMENT! How bizarre is that?

Anna J. Evans said...

Not one of my favorites as a singer, though I agree she's a hotty :)...in that weird, pale sort of way.

Lol,

anna j. evans

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I love this song. Great choice for the Poetry Train, Sparky! This line speaks to me:
'When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears'

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

hey, babe. As you saw, I took a page from your Train today.

Evanescence is one of my favorite bands, I think you know that. Nice choice.

btw, did I get anything for remembering "I'm down with OPP" the other day?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Loved her latest Call Me When You're Sober. Great song and a seriously cool video.

Ann said...

Great video, love the song. Thanks for posting it.

Jill said...

Damn, it's been forever since I've listen to my Evanescence CD!!! And this song, I can actually say that I know!!
Very sad, but still very beautiful!!