Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thank Goodness Thats Over

Barry finally broke the career Home Run record last night. It had to have happened late, because it did not even make the 11 o'clock sports report here, Barry was still just 2 for 2. And all I can say is I don't really care. It was inevitable, unless the big Giant broke a leg or a wrist or something. He was going to break this record. I don't know if its because of the steroids cloud, or if it was because it was a West Coast thing, so it was hard to follow. Or if it is just ESPN fatigue, since they have been following his every move including his first BM of the day. So yes, I do not care really. Its just a number. Good for him, now SF can disappear off the radar again for the rest of the season.

Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year. Last night was pretty damned hot, so I am not sure how much warmer it can get today, but its gonna be awful. Raise your hand if you are glad you have A/C.

Weird, I was jonesing for an ice cold Coca Cola as opposed to my usual coffee this morning. And it is going down great, but I am concerned that I am going to be dragging from the lack of caffeine later in the day. Well, Dunkin Donuts is just down the street and DD equals Iced Coffee!

6 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

Dunkin' Donuts has the BEST tasting coffee. I think it is so much better than Starbucks, which to me, tastes burnt.

However, as far as iced coffee goes, for some reason, I think McDonald's has the best! I'm hooked!

Jessica

Valtool said...

Never been much for coffee, drink maybe 3 cups a year. For me it's soda, Coke Zero, diet Coke and both of those with cherry too.

As for Bonds, I too woke up to find the news about the dinger. I personally don't care as much as I used to. I used to be all about it not counting becuase of the juice, but now that it's been pointed out that Alex Rodriguez is on track to do far better than Bonds, I just don't care that much about the guy.

As for home runs, the better ones last night were the two hit by Ryan Howard and the one by Aaron Rowand in the Phillies 11-1 trashing of the Marlins.

Anthony said...

**Hand raised**

I'm with you on the Barry deal. The only reason I have mild interest is because of the 50 or so of his rookie baseball cards I have in a plastic box (all the brands) and the autographed baseball. They're not worth what they were, but I give myself mild props for being able to pick him out in 1987 as a future great.

Sparky Duck said...

Jessica-I will have to try the Iced Coffee experience that is Mickey D's today

Michael-The Phils are just going to tease us again this year. You do know that right?

Anthony-well, kudos to you. Those cards should be at least worth more then what you paid for them someday down the line, steroids or no steroids. Now the autograph, maybe not so much. Hmm, I have a Griffey Jr card somewhere that i should be treating with more respect.

Hyperion said...

I feel the glove slapped across my face.

Now I HAVE to write about him.

You've challenged me, SD, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Christie O. said...

i hate barry bonds.