Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Sparky's Fourth



Wish me luck, I am going to be lighting up the grill for the first time this year and I have this unnatural fear of Propane and propane accessories. But, its the Fourth of July, so its a necessity.

We will be off to fireworks, if the weather holds out, which are being held as part of the Southampton Days festival. I got some neat shots of that last night, I am not holding out as much hope for good firework pictures.

When it comes to music on the Fourth, for me there are two artists that come to mind. I am a Jersey Boy, so Bruce Springsteen is the man. And if you are going to watch Fireworks, you need the 1812 Overture and if you need that you need the Boston Pops.

Enjoy a little bit of both below and I hope everyone has a safe Holiday. To all my Canucks, I hope Canada Day was just as festive and if you are someplace else, well, enjoy your Wednesday?



15 comments:

Anthony said...

Propane is like Jaegermeister and the Ocean - you have to respect it.

Happy 4th, and good luck with the fireworks photos.

If you're using an SLR, I can give you some tips.

Unknown said...

Good luck..I love the picture

Twyla said...

Happy 4th of July!
We couldn't get our BBQ to work for our July 1st celebrations, so we made everyone roast their hot dogs over the big bonfire. LOL No one seemed to mind. :-)

Anndi said...

Happy 4th Ducky!

Respect the grill and it will serve you well.

Have a blast!.. oops.. wrong choice of words...

I'll come back for the videos, can't watch them here.

Tug said...

Have a safe & happy 4th!

I love Lee Greenwood's
God Bless the U.S.A.....I tear up every time.

Tawnya Shields said...

Happy Fourth and don't catch anything on fire! :o)~

Valtool said...

My only fear is usually the starter, that it won't spark as gas is flowing out of the grill and towards my face, but we have a fairly new grill (3 yrs) and it works well. My other idea is light a match and drop it down by the burners and then turn on the gas bypassing the starter.

Anyone remember that Tony oprano's first panic attack came while lighting charcoal at his son's birthday? He got it lit, passed out and dropped the full jug of lighter fluid ON the grill!

Anonymous said...

One of the best things about 4th of July is that it's the one day out of the year that I can count on my husband cooking. BBQ and 4th of July just go hand in hand.

Be safe!

Valtool said...

And we in Atlanta are also celbrating the Independence Day announcement of the re-signing of Atlanta Thrasher Slava Kaslov!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i triple LOVE the boston pops!! palm beach has a pretty good one too but we are always in podunk for the 4th and miss them. hope your day was as good as ours was!

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

That's one thing I miss living here in AZ is not being able to set off my own fireworks.

I remember one time my husband set off a rocket, and it went right through the back window of his truck!!
Those were the good old days!!

We just sit in our pool. We can see the ones they set off at Tempe Town lake, but there are only a couple places that set them off anymore.

Have a fun and safe 4th!
Be one with your grill!!

Buttercup said...

Happy 4th Sparky! I'm sure you did a terrific job on the grill. I saw the fireworks from Brooklyn which was pretty cool.

Lisa Andel said...

Happy 4th Sarky!

Schmoop said...

Hope you had a good one Sparky...Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Great song choices! And wanted to say hello to another blogger from Philly who happens to be the same age as me!