Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Review-The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason, 3 and a half quacks

Thats out of 4 folks.

I don't know why I have been sitting on this review, but I have. I think my memory was jogged as I was going through my TBR pile and moved Rises the Night over a little bit. And walla, lightening struck.

Colleen actually found my blog once, from some sort of Thursday Thirteen list I threw up and she thought I was a tad bit interesting to read. That meant alot then and after reading her first book, it means even more now.

The Rest Falls Away was a great little read. Like any book that is in a series, it did start a tad bit slow in introducing the characters and describing them all, but after that it really got going. Think of it as a mix of Jane Austen and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with a stir of steamy thrown in. Then you have this book. It is the first in the Gardella Vampire Hunter series and I can not wait to get into number 2. With about 50 pages to go, I could not set the book down.

Plus, there are larger themes. I don't want to give anything away plot wise, but it also has a great thought process on ones destiny and what one thinks they want and how you struggle with each. Thats some deep stuff.

Plus, Victoria is hot and Sebastian or Max are even some great examples of how to be a man, or at least a spot to get some good tips for the future.

Excellent book, I will delay on reading Rises the Night, just to wait until book 3 comes out so I keep the plot fresh in my head. But, sheesh I don't want too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this book! I can't wait until my husband finishes it so we can chat. The end...wow. And book three can't come fast enough. :)

Anonymous said...

You read it! *dancing around* You read it! *dancing more* And you liked it! *really getting the shimmy on now*

W00T!