Wednesday, July 25, 2007

All Thumbs and other bits

Mrs Duck is the type of patient when she is not feeling well that you really can't do anything for, yet you want to. She has the lovely little mouth infection that again has seeped into the bone in her jaw, so it is quite painful, but besides getting her medicine and ice packs, there is very little I can do for her. It really does get quite frustrating when your significant other is used to being so tough that he or she is used to taking care of themselves. So it makes you feel like you are all thumbs, sort of hovering but not. Hopefully the codeine and levaquin will do what it is supposed to do, though all the codeine has done is made her a wee bit crankier. Luckily nothing has been thrown at me, yet.

Check out yesterdays 50 in 50, Hawaii. I had another one of those famous Sparky Duck ties, because how could one really choose between Tia Carrere and Nicole Kidman? My one loyal Hawaiian reader was not surprised by my choice. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Thanks to those of you who signed up to be interviewed for this weekends blogathon shindig. I hope to have the questions out today, once I get some caffeine in me and actually think of some questions to right. And don't forget, you can still sponsor me, by just clicking the button over there on the right. Even a dollar is one more dollar then they had yesterday.

Hmm, maybe I will get to do a sponge bath, now that would at least be a payoff. :)

16 comments:

Schmoop said...

I love it how you weave sponge bath and Tia Carrere into the same post. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

I hope Mrs. Ducky feels better real soon. I am sure your support and sympathy help more than you think.

I will have to check out this blogathon thing!

Anonymous said...

Hope she is feeling better. It sounds painful!!!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

No matter if you feel like you're not doing much for Mrs. Sparky, I'm sure she feels it anyway. Good luck with the Blogathon!

Dragon said...

Feel better, Mrs. Duck.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to come along and introduce myself - I'm John and I'll be your monitor for the Blogathon.

Hope all's well and I'll see you on Saturday!

the Book of Keira said...

Poor, Mrs. Ducky.... why don't you get on in there and do something to take her mind off that pain.

Get yer bus ticket and go downtown if you know why I mean.

Heh heh.

Sparky Duck said...

Darn, Mrs Duck actually likes to be in the mood for bus trips

ZuZu said...

Feel better soon, Mrs. D :)

The best thing you can do, Sparks, it to pamper her a bit. You know, make sure she's about as comfy as she can be while in that kinda pain, and help keep her mind occupied, whether with good books, a funny movie, maybe a game of Scrabble or Scattagories. She knows you love her to bits, and that's the best medicine there is.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the interview thingy. If you still need people, you can interview me. It wasn't too bad the last time. *wink*

The reason I wasn't surprised is that there really isn't that many Hawaii locals that have become famous. Not too may people know about Nicole Kidman. Everyone usually mentions Tia or Kelly Hu.

Hope Mrs. Duck is feeling better soon!

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, poor Lady Duck! I found out the hard way that I "have a reaction" to morphine and was sick, sick, sick on top of being in pain, so my heart goes out to her. I guess the best you can do is leave her alone and blog, blog, blog.

I did check that out to sponsor you but got confused. I didn't see your charity! But I can be quite tenacious and will try again.

Twyla said...

Feel better soon Mrs. Duck!

Tilly Greene said...

Healthy hugs to Mrs Duck - I have them back after being in and out of the docs last week and the cutie worrying. And soothing, you're doing just fine vibes for you Sparky. It isn't easy to be concerned and wanting to help...maybe read her a story?

The Gal Herself said...

I got the message, Monsieur Duck, and am now one of your verified, bonafide Blogathon sponsors. You're right -- once I pretended it was a quiz, the rest of was cake!

Christie O. said...

oh nooo i hope she feels better soon! it's still good that she has what we call in this house "hover husband" around to take care of her. :)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Feel better Mrs. Duck...and yes Sparky, I know how you feel about wanting to do something and just not being able to....