Monday, July 16, 2007

Manic Monday Part Deux-Marbles



Ok, a Manic Monday post that is really not worth doing, since it is almost 11:00pm my time, but since I had the video and the picture all set up, I figured why not.

This week, the Preston and Steve Show dumped 10,000 marbles down the steps of the Art Museum, yes the place famous for Rocky. This was done to commemorate the impending 10,000th loss by the Phillies, which came to fruition Sunday night.



Now, the stunt sounded alot more impressive on the radio then it actually looked on tape, but it got the point across I think.

6 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

Oh what fun. Not quite on the level of the thanksgiving turkeys from a helicopter on WKRP Cincinnatti, but it got the point across.

Travis Cody said...

Now that's funny!

But ya know, if you look at every team's stats over the life of the franchise, every team is about 50/50. That's baseball.

Happy MM!

TopChamp said...

ah - that's a shame... but handy for MM that they chose this way to illustrate it.

Mo and The Purries said...

Now, I wouldn't want to be the person who had to pick up 10,000 marbles after this stunt...
I don't suppose they had a hundred kids waiting just off camera to grab them up????
Thanks for participating in Manic Monday!
cheers,
mo

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh mo got my comment, i am late! i wanted to know who would pick them up too! and i wonder how many fell down the steps by stepping on them. but then i am old and bored and i wonder about the nuttiest things. it looked really cool. thanks for sharing sparky...

smiles, bee

Anonymous said...

I heard about this and am so pissed I missed it (now that I have a radio in my car and all). Too funny, those guys are nuts!