Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm Telling Ya, they are Magic!!


If you remember back, oh 2 or 3 months ago now, I expressed my like and wonder for Dragonflys in a Thursday Thirteen. I am especially a believer in Number 5.

5.Yet Native Americans grasped their spiritual importance. It is said in some Native American beliefs that dragonflies are a symbol of renewal after a time of great hardship.


Though, I am a believer in reincarnation and souls coming back over and over again and finding us in little ways when we are blue, or need luck, or just need a distraction from how life is.

Also, a few weeks back I told ya to go over and visit Ms Congeniality because she was going through a rough spot with one of her daughters friends. Well, I swear, the dragonflies came through, and her story is proof positive.

So, even if you are not a true believer like me, even if you think reincarnation is what you do when you throw up a Carnation Instant Breakfast, read the story. It will make you smile, or cry or both.

3 comments:

Wylie Kinson said...

Wow. Great story. But you should have issued a 2-Tissue Warning first *sniff*

Trish Ess said...

That was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as dragonflies themselves. :)

You might want to visit one of the links in my linky love - the Photos from Northern Norway - he's got an awesome closeup of a dragonfly. Really cool.

Oh... and just because.. I'm tagging you. :) I miss seeing you around - and this is my excuse to get back in touch. ;) C'mon over and read the rules n' stuff. Please? :)

Cinnamon Girl said...

I love dragonflies =)

So much so I tattoo'd one on me!