Monday, July 30, 2007

If I had a Million Dollars,

I would buy you all a monkey.

Yesterday was a self imposed vacation from even looking at the laptop besides email and today, we had some modem issues in the morning, but I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone out there. If you ever left me a comment during the blogathon, thank you because it meant someone at some point read the stuff that I was posting, especially as it became real brain drivel. But, all your comments kept me going and I really appreciate it.

I also wanted to give a big virtual hug to the people that allowed me to interview them:

Anthony
Christine O
Kailani
Dragon
Emily

Those interviews gave me at least one automatic post and at sometimes two. But it also allowed me to take some time to step away from the computer, get some food, nicotine or just some fresh air. You guys had a great sense of humor and answered without me ever having to remind you and it really helped a lot.

Thanks also Emily for your royalty offer.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me through the day and night, giving me a chance to get my brain going about something else besides the blogathon and my next post. Bond, you had me laughing. Lisa and Emily, it seemed like that when one of you left, the other one stepped up to keep me going through the night. Dragon and Anndi, the IM's hit at just the right times. Rhian, you are some early morning cheerleader.

Yoshi, thanks for running those polls and contests over at your site. A great distraction. Zeus, thanks for just being your entertaining self.

Maven, I am not sure I could have gotten through the full 24 hours without you in my messenger window.

We raised over $280 for Shriners Childrens Hospital, which really makes me feel good. I think this blog is marginally entertaining sometimes, but this was one of those times when i actually felt like I was making some little difference and that is a very very rewarding feeling.

Hugs, Kisses, Gropes, Fondlings and High Fives to everyone, you take whichever one you want.

10 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i want my monkey sparky, how do i get it? ha ha ha

smiles, bee

Dragon said...

I'll take a grope. :)

Great job Sparky! You are a good soul.

Anonymous said...

I wish this didn't happen over my vacation. I seemed to have missed all the fun. Looks like your blogathon was a huge success. Sorry I missed the ball - AGAIN!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

CONGRATS AGAIN MY FRIEND....

Glad i could help in my little way

Erin said...

That's wonderful! you raised an impressive amount - great job!!

Anonymous said...

Can I have one that looks like Curious George? He's so cute!

Congratulations on getting through the night and for making a worthwhile contribution to the world.

Anthony said...

And a virtual hug right back at ya! It was fun to be involved and I think you made more than "a little difference".

As Archie Bunker used to say, "Ya done good!"

Lisa Andel said...

Hugs Sparky.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

KOYPP Sparky, you did a great thing!

The Cat Realm said...

Congratulations on raising all that money! What a wonderful effort, thank you for having done this!