Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I think Ikea owes me 40 bucks

Now, follow this twisted duck logic for a moment.

Saturday, Tin Man and I made another trip down to Ikea. For me, it was the 3rd time down there within the last 2 weeks. The first time, they were out of a bookcase that Mrs Duck was jonesing for. So during the week, I made a second trip down, through a monsoon and rush hour traffic to pick up the expedit bookcase in black. And miraculously they had it this time. Though loading it into my Toyota was not the easiest task, thank goodness for fold down back seats.

Fast forward two days later, I open the box to find it damaged. And of course, its one of the side walls, which means it can't be hidden, so back down 95 Tin Man and I go, on a Saturday. Meaning the traffic was better, but the customer service/return section was understaffed. Load the new piece up and then put it all together and walla, we have a new bookcase finally. Easy assembly my feathery ass.

Now, of course you are saying, what Ikea owes you for gas? No, that would be too easy. The Virginia Oaks and Derby were also held on the final Saturday of this Ikea trilogy. Dreaming of Anna was running in the Oaks and the last 2 times I have placed wagers on her, she has won me some money. And since she had not run well in the last race, her odds were a little bit more favorable. So, ask, did I wager again? No, because I was too busy slapping this bookshelf together and driving all over I-95 to even check my email to let me know Dreaming of Anna was running. So naturally she won, at 7-2 odds. I conservatively would have wagered $5, which means I would have gotten a return of $40 and some change. So, Ikea owes me!!

What are my chances of collecting ya think?

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what are your chances? i think you have two...

1. slim
2. none

sorry sparky! but hope you get it anyway!

smiles, bee

pissed off patricia said...

Nope, you're owed nothing. Try that story on the lottery people. Mr. Lottery man, I deserve the lottery money because I would have bought the winning ticket but I was too busy to go to the store. Won't work there and it won't work in this case either. Sorry, no money for you, my feathered friend. But you do get a big "atta boy" for being so dedicated to the cause of the book shelf. :)

Tug said...

Yeah...um...good luck with that Sparky. sorry.

Am I the only one on the planet that hasn't been to IKEA?

Sparky Duck said...

I do want to clarify that this little ditty of a post was tinged with sarcasm.

the Book of Keira said...

High fives just for thinking of it!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I think you need to drive to Ikea with the charts from that day's races, show them some proof you actually bet on Anna before, let them give you a lie-detector to prove you wanted to bet again but couldn't do to your having to drive down again on Saturday...

Yeah they might give you the $40.00

Yeah...they might....

Wylie Kinson said...

IKEA SOOOO owes you!! I'll sign the petition!
Or we can organize an all-out boycott...

Rebecca said...

Yep, Ikea is just one of those stores that it pays to look at the goods before slapping down the cash... I do think you may have been able to bargain a discount on account of the gas, but that woulda been when you were returning the banged up one.