Friday, July 20, 2007

Handing out some Schwag


Apparently, I am a schmoozer. At first, I was not sure that was the best of news, but then after reading the definition that went with the award that Frigga gave me, it does not seem that bad afterall.

"As it goes, schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship."


I also think schmoozing is having a way with words that you are able to call someone an asshole to there face and they actually say thank you for the compliment with a smile. So, as I hand out this lovely honor to 4 more recipients, I will allow my winners to decide which side of the definition they fall on. Now, onto the awards!

Starrlight @ Here Comes a Storm in the form of a girl. Check her blog out, she is all over the place in her discussions and all of the discussions are good ones. Not many people that you can find that mention Shakespeare, the Jena 6, and Social Distortion all in the same week or so? Plus, she is great at responding to comments.

Matt-Man @ Bagwine Ruminations- I was a tad concerned about giving Matt the award because I do believe he may think it will be accompanied with some sort of monetary stipend or at least some alcohol, but this man is hilarious, even when it comes to comment on the most innane posts on this blog, like the one about the 6 cops yesterday.

E.C. @ Whatever Blows My Skirt-One, shes a Red Sox fan, already gaining bonus points in my book. Her posts almost always make you either think or laugh. She has a wicked blog design and can always keep me up to date on my OLTL history.

Wylie @ Wylie's Words-She has a vivid imagination, I was impressed that she could even think I would be allowed anywhere near Gabrielle Union. She has lived in a bunch of cool places, which gives her a different insight into things then we get here just being in the Gold Old US of A. And her latest book sounds kinda hot.

Trust me, I would have given out more, I mean come on, Rhian is such a schmoozer/shiller for her favorite authors its almost disgusting, except I love her choices too. And Bond, sheesh, always kind and caring, check out what he's doing this weekend as an example. Anndi gives out gropes, if thats not schmoozie, I don't know what is. Go, read, learn, tell em they won.

And then come back later today, as in fact one of those teased Announcements is a contest that will get you a shot at some music!

12 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

congrats and great choices... Like this place a lot Mr. Duck and if i were still in Princeton would have suggested a meet

Cinnamon Girl said...

Wow! Schmooze me! And dammit you took Matt...Bond, this is your revenge isn't it :P

Look for my postage later on tonight and thanks so much, you delightful purveyor of a plethora of verbage =)

I see your bastion and raise you one!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sparky i think you are a wonderful schmoozer honey! you are kind and sweet and visit often. (now about that other thing? ha ha ha) congratulations!

smiles, bee

the Book of Keira said...

Congratulations, ye feckin' schmoozer!

Rhian said...

Coming in as an honorable mention for smoozing... well.... thats kinda sad... pathetic really if you think about it. Kinda like getting honorable mention for brown-nosing.
Big, heavy sigh. OBVIOUSLY i need to practice my sucking up skills. Guess I should start with a certain DUCK. heh. Dang - Wylie is so going to rag on me about this - i just know it.

Sparky Duck said...

Bond:that means alot coming from you

Starr:Its Friday night, my verbage slips now to stoli, martini, olives, shaken

Bee:Thanks, the blonde jokes do keep me coming back

108:thats feathery schmoozer to you :)

Rhian:You have been so busy sweating, that I figured you would then have been too busy to share the love. Plus, you would have to split it up amongst the tribe, i was helping ya out.

Wylie Kinson said...

WOO HOO!!! Can life get any better???
And for a change, I'm not being sarcastic.
Mr. Duck, you've put a big Spark in my day :)
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unknown said...

Excellent choices!! And Rhi you're a first rate schmoozer sweetie! I heart you!

Blog said...

You schmooze you lose! ;) HEE! CONGRATS! You're such a schmoozer -- NIIICE!

Cinnamon Girl said...

My 4 are up, you Matt Stealer :P

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Schmoozie award. I just posted my donees too. I was going to include you until I saw someone already beat me to it!!! You would have been on my list for sure.

CHEERS!

Rebecca said...

"...actually say thank you for the compliment with a smile."...

sometimes you make me wonder... but LoL, oh well :-)