Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Search for the Dell Grail

It seems my power cord for the laptop has decided to fart out on me. It sort of works, but only if the wire is bent in a perfect angle and is not jiggled too much. Which of course is perfect for a laptop that gets jiggled around often.
Here is my first complaint, Dell should have some of there things available at the kiosks they have in the mall. I am not saying that they need to have the laptops available, but some of the accesories should be able to just be picked up. Of course, this is why Apple is a computer giant and Dell is just a kiosk, next to the calendars and the skin creams.
I was off, WFAN on the radio and braving the heat that is close to unbearable. Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, even Target and no one had nothing. I was particulary disappointed in Staples and Circuit City. They had plenty of replacement batteries, but the thing that would charge the batteries was non-existent! Pleasant.
So, tomorrow I have a decision. I could run all over the upper parts of Bucks County, or I could hope that the Universal cord that Mrs Duck bought 10 years ago will work on this laptop. Or I could just not jiggle. But, who are we kidding, we all know I am jiggler.
If anyone has a power cord for a Dell Inspirion 1150 laptop lying around that they are willing to donate, you would have one happy duck on your hands.

7 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

You can order it online right? It is this one?

Unknown said...

Did you hear the one about Chris BEnoit? Just kidding, just commenting on the comment you left on my blog..HOly cow, what if someone else had done it and i was on the jury? that would have been freaky

Desert Songbird said...

Bless Starr's heart! I've been wanting a spare power cable for my Dell Inspiron 1200 for ages. Now I need a battery that lasts more than an hour, but I digress...

Sigh. Maybe I should just get the damn Mac.

Anthony said...

Check out the comments in starrlight's Dell link. The "cons" are that the cord splits and goes bad after a few years.

That's great stuff. The weak link in the computer is the what? The power cord.
Awesome.

Tug said...

I don't have an extra, but found one @ Radio Shack. Wasn't Dell, but cross referenced or whatever to work with Dell.

Use the PHONE Sparky...just a thought. ;-)

Christie O. said...

we had the same problem with our cord, so we bought a different one that was built just a little better online at the dell site. works like a charm!

Anonymous said...

No help from me. On an unrelated note: My SIL lives in Yardley, PA. Right there in Bucks County. That area is beautiful.