Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yankee Fans hope fading

I have been biting my tongue on this issue, because I am a firm believer in the idea that if you crow to early, then you can jinx things. I guess that comes from being a Red Sox fan, as well as a resident of Philadelphia, where sport teams always feel jinxed.

But, Yankee fans, cmon. Things are looking dire. When you fall 10 and a half games back before Memorial Day, that is not a good season. When hapless Tampa Bay is behind your team by one game in the loss column, that is not a successful season. When you have to hang you hopes on a pitcher who is closer in age to AARP as opposed to MVP, that is not a good season!

Ha! Okay, I can't help but gloat just a little bit. And their is your sports news for the day. Don't worry, I will come up with something more well rounded later, I promise.


AMERICAN LEAGUE-May 20, 2007
Eastern Division W L PCT GB
BOSTON 29 13 .690 -
BALTIMORE 20 23 .465 9½
TORONTO 19 23 .452 10
NY YANKEES 18 23 .439 10½
TAMPA BAY 18 24 .429 11

11 comments:

Tug said...

**sigh**




they'll be back.

Erin said...

Wow, and you're a red sox fan?? I'm so glad I found you, lol...

I'm a die hard red sox fan, and I do know the feeling of the "jinx", because it seems like we come out fighting in the beginning of the season, and then by the all-star game we are letting people catch up and then by September we're out of the hunt... darn that sucks when it happens, lol... but this year we're holding our own, and i'm loving it!!

ZuZu said...

Ok, I haven't done this in years, and I've been going through withdrawl so I have to.... I think you meant "crow TOO early" rather than "crow TO early".

Hooked On Phonics worked for me!!

Ah, memories! Remember those days??I had to! I couldn't resist! Love ya, Sparks! *heehee*

Anthony said...

Jinx? I don't know. They're just not a very good baseball team. A stacked lineup with no starting pitching.

The evil part of me hopes that Clemens is a miserable failure, mostly because Steinbrenner is paying him like a fool to pitch. I don't think he'll make that much of a difference.

Rhian said...

i perked up at the word crow then my eyes glazed...again. you even have number thingys this time. wow. impressive. pretty even. (snickering)

Unknown said...

Hey Sparky, if Michael and I visit Philly, would you and Mrs Duck like to meet up for lunch or something? IM thinking about planning a trip for hubby

Unknown said...

Hey Sparky, if Michael and I visit Philly, would you and Mrs Duck like to meet up for lunch or something? IM thinking about planning a trip for hubby

Jay said...

Um...is that baseball?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

pppppppppppppppsssssssssssssssssssst.... Mr. Duck....I know you are a tad younger then I, but I will reflect back to 1978.. July 11th, Boston, first place...NY Yankees FOURTEEN GAMES BEHIND...
September 10th, Boston first place...NY Yankees ONE GAME BEHIND...
Final standings; NY Yankees, first place...Boston, ONE GAME BEHIND...
World Series Champions....NY Yankees
Please remember it ain't over till it's over..

Christie O. said...

hahah! i said that a few games ago to my husband. things are taking a turn for the worse. in fact, at one point, our sad little poor devil rays were ahead of the yankees and i almost had a heart attack! anyway, c'mon yankees. get it together.

Tug said...

Go Bond, Go Bond, GO BOND GO!!!!!

**snickersnicker**