Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Let the Interview Meme shine in

I did this once before, but once I saw that Peg was going to be doing the interview, I knew I had to jump at the opportunity. She is intelligent and witty, so her questions do know how to hit home. So, here we go again.

1. You’re on South Street in Philly, with a few bucks in your pocket—where do you spend it?
This is actually a hard question for me, because I have been here 3 years now and still have not ventured down to South Street. I have cut through, but never stopped. If I only had a little bit of money to spend, I would head off to one of the psychic shops in the area, maybe get a palm reading or a tarot set done. One of the adult boutiques would be a stop, just because those places are usually quite humorous. Who wouldn't want to at least browse at Condom Kingdom or The Erogenous Zone? If I was brave I would get a tattoo, but I'm not only a duck, but a chicken. Capping off the trip would be a Cheese Steak at Jim's. They put Geno's and Pat's to shame, plus no racism.

2. I know that you’re looking for a job right now in financial services…say that you open the paper tomorrow, and see the perfect job for your skills-set, paying more than you would ordinarily expect, its got “Sparky Duck” written all over it, except it’s NOT a Financial Services Job. What is the position and why is it the perfect job for you?
Well, first off, I DO NOT want a job in Financial Services. Its kind of like the mafia, once you get out, they pull you back in. But, if we are talking fantasy job, that is easy. I have always thought I would be great in a support position, making someone else look good. In fact, that is what I have always done well. But, a production assistant position, or an assistant producer for Monday Night Football, where it is my job to scout out locations, set up interviews, and fetch the right flavor Gatorade for Tony Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski would be the absolute and utter perfect job for me. Unfortunately, ESPN is not moving from Bristol anytime soon.

3. Mrs. Duck is off for the weekend, with girlfriends doing the spa-thing. What is your ideal solo weekend?
Alcohol, preferably vodka, something really greasy to eat, probably my home made version of In N Out burgers, and then enchiladas if I need to eat by myself two nights. Maybe some golf even if its only Tiger Woods on the PC and then tons and tons of sports. Oh and lots of surfing the net.

4. What professional athlete, past or present, do you have the utmost respect for, and why?
This one is a tough one, because their are so many athletes that I truly admire for one trait or another. So, lets sort of list off a few.
Adam Vinitieri=clutch
Curt Schilling=works through any obstacle, even his own mouth, to get his team where it needs to be.
Michael Jordon=peerless, and knows it, and is still able to perform at a high level.
Tiger Woods=killer instinct


5. You have suddenly become independently wealthy. Where would you live, and what activity(-ies) would you pursue to fill your time?

I would have 2 ports of call that I would call home. One house in Hilton Head, that would be the main residence, and one in Maui, to spend the time between January 8th and May 1st. Activities, hmm, well I would see how the day dragged me, day to day, hey lets go fishing today, hey, im playing 36 holes at Bethpage Black, hey, lets go catch the new play on Broadway. I would also allow my time to be spent on things I felt passionate about, like learning how to make a souffle, stopping the religious right and helping whatever political candidate struck my fancy. Like if it was now, I would be volunteering for Obama, just because I could.

Now the legal stuff.

DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME (Include this in your blog post)

1. Leave a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions (if I don't have your email address, you can email me instead). I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Thanks again Peg, this was alot of fun and worth the wait *insert wink here*

1 comments:

Erin said...

First - I love your choices of athletes!! My top two as well ;)

Second - I would so go to the corner next to the gray building in front of a clothing store (all my memory can recollect from South street, lol) and I would get the yummiest cheese steak I can ever remember having!

Third - As long as your solo weekend includes a little beer then you may have a good time with my permission (and Mrs. Ducky's too of course) lol.