Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #37-The Mrs Duck One


Thirteen Great ThingsAbout Mrs Duck


So, this weekend is our Anniversary weekend, where all the stars aligned and Mrs Duck and I became husband and wife. So, for the list I thought I would give some great things about my wife, beyond the fact that she puts up with me every day.

On a quick side note, The Duck Family will be exposed here tomorrow, so if you wanted to see us without our feathers, even if its only briefly, then be sure to stop back tomorrow.

1.Mrs Duck has a hot body and knows how to use it. Of course, I am a guy, so this kind of trait would come up early, wouldn't it.

2.Mrs Duck is intelligent and beyond books smarts. You teach her to do something one time, she takes it and runs with it. She always wants to know how something works, as opposed to just nodding your head and listening.

3.She has a job that she does not enjoy, in a organization where sometimes you just end up shaking your head. Yet, she goes to this place everyday and performs to the best of her abilities. She could never just mail it in.

4.She reads more then I do. And her reading list is quite varied, from the chick books of Dorothy Benton Frank to books about the war in Iraq to thrillers by David Baldacci.

5.She likes football and loves her Philadelphia Eagles. I guess everyone needs some sort of albatross in your life.

6.She does not suffer fools and idiots well. But, one of the best things is that she can explain why these people are fools and idiots, as opposed to just yelling at them for no clear reason.

7.She loves her family and would do anything for them. Even though she has nephews that live in the south who we rarely see, she is able to spoil them like they live right down the street.

8.She has an infectious laugh that can be heard all over the house. When you hear it, you can not help but laugh yourself, no matter what mood you are in.

9.She has had a very difficult life, both dealing with physical things as well as plenty of things that have occured that would make a weaker persons head spin. She still has a great attitude in life and wants to be treated just like anyone else.

10.She lets me experiment in the kitchen and tries everything I whip up. She never says its awful and has the patience when I turn a Rachel Ray 30 minute meal into a RR One hour and 20 minute meal.

11.She has the softest sweetest eyes, that she can use to express any kind of emotion necessary. Her looks either make you say "uh oh I am in trouble" or "uh oh, I could be getting lucky" with just the shift of her gaze.

12.She tolerates a nitwit like me. This has to extend ones patience day after day after day and she still comes home and gives me a kiss hello.

13.I love her and thats all that matters to me.

Happy Anniversary Baby.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





39 comments:

D-HOR said...

This deserves a bil ole "AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW" that's sweet, lucky gal.

Special K ~Toni said...

Awww! Big softy! So sweet! Will be back tomorrow! Thanks for visiting my T13!

Special K Family
Being An Air Force Wife

Twyla said...

Awww...you just scored yourself a whole pile of brownie points for that one. :-)

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

Aw, that was really sweet :) Happy Anniversary!!!

As for RR...hubby and I took a cooking class as an anniv gift last year. We were being tuahgt by 3 professional chefs and all of them just shook their head at RR as we lamented about how 30 minutes is more like 90 minutes, LOL.

Take care and Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I hope I can remember to come back for the reveal. It is my lovey DOVES and my anniversary this month as well.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! She sounds like a lucky lady to have a man who loves her like you clearly do. It was great to read about Philly. We moved from Delaware County two years ago and I still miss the north! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Lori said...

Thats so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Unknown said...

Awww...happy anniversary to you and Mrs. Duck!! It's nice to see how much you love her.

Tilly Greene said...

Sparky, you are such a sweetheart! Mrs Duck is very lucky to have such a lovely feathered mate waiting for her at the end of each day.

Happy Anniversary to you both :-)

Maven said...

Sparkster: We all should be lucky to have a spouse say such glowing things!

Happy Anniversary, Mr. Duck!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...that's the sweetest post EVER! I don't know who's luckier - you or her! Either way, you made my day. Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

Oh, and know what? Today is the anniversary of my first date with Mr. Nerd! How cool is dat?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Mrs Duck got a good one! Sounds like you did too! Happy Anniversary to both of you =)

Desert Songbird said...

Nicely said, Sparky! I'm sure she'll get all misty reading this one.

Mo said...

Happy Anniversary to the Ducks!! Mrs Duck sounds like someone I could be friends with easily....well, 'cept that I'm a Steeler fan!

Great list...I'll be back tommorrow.

Wylie Kinson said...

Jeez Sparky,... you got me choked up!

Thank goodness you threw in #5 for comic relief!

JAM said...

Awesome, Sparky. A wonderful tribute to her.

I'm always wondering why my wife puts up with me. After 22 years it's still hard to believe.

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Unknown said...

OMG How wonderful are you?!!!

Happy anniversary, I hope you guys have a gagillion more.

Anonymous said...

Has the wonderful Mrs. Duck seen this? She should be wiping away a tear - kudos!

Unknown said...

Awww. The duck went soft on us..Congrats Mrs and Mr Duck

The Gal Herself said...

I had no idea our fine feathered friend was such a softie! This was adorable. Happy Anniversary!

Jay said...

Happy anniversary!
You sound like a lucky duck.

Peg said...

Happy Anniversary to the Ducks!!

It sounds to me that you are a very lucky man, with an amazing, intelligent, and lovely wife! Cheers to you both!

Christie O. said...

well there, you've done gone and made a pregnant lady cry. that is the sweetest thing ever!!! happy anniversary to you, duck family! to many more years of infectious laughs!

Stephanie said...

Oh how Sweet!! Happy Anniversary to both of you!!

Ash said...

Cannot stop weeping. What an awesome husband you are.

Tink said...

What a lovely tribute! Happy anniversary, you two!
My TT shares 13 things about the blue moon.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy anniversary, guys -- and best wishes for many, many more to come.

Sparky, I miss seeing you at my place! Hope I didn't piss you off or something...

But back to the subject at hand. It takes a great woman to pick a great guy. Remember that. Happy annviersary again.

Erin said...

I'm with the awwwww comments! That is so freakin sweet it is just breaking my heart - I want one of you too!!!!!!

She is a lucky woman! Happy Anniversary :)

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Awwwwww, congrats! May you have many more happy anniversaries!

Anne D said...

I'm another to add to the Awwwww! pile

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Sparky...this was a great post... You are a lucky guy ans Mrs. Duck is also

Tug said...

You 2 deserve each other...in such an awesome way!

So very nice to read...Happy Anniversary!!

Joy Renee said...

What a sweet Anniversary gift.

thanx for visiting my TT. and the other two posts.. I believe you are the first ever to leave three comments in one day.

Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest T13!

Happy Anniversary to you guys!
You two are very lucky to have each other.

Have a great one!

Darla said...

Congratulations, and happy anniversary! She sounds like an interesting and admirable person.

Wishing you many more happy years together and a lovely celebration this weekend.

Carmen said...

Awwww. cute. :) Happy anniversary

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you. That's one of the nicest posts I've ever read! Your wife is a lucky duck to have you say things like that!

Julie said...

Vinny you never steer me wrong!

Wonderful list I must say! I can only hope that my husband would think the same of me.

Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Pam said...

newlyweds....sigh... ;-)