Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another little music meme

This is the second time I am getting tagged with this meme, but being the Ipod Pro that I am, I could not resist. Tiff and then Biff tagged me (though Biff was one of those chain letter, all skate tags). If thats not synergy, I don't know what is. Its the 7 songs you are into meme, and then tag seven more people. Well the tagging will wait until the end, but I will select 7 songs on my Ipod that I have spent some hard earned cash on.

1.Daughtry-Home. This is one of those songs that has like 18 messages in it. Listen to it and try and figure out which one of those 18 themes you hear in it. Oh, and Taylor Hicks who?



2.Bocelli & Sarah Brightman-Time to Say Goodbye. Now this is the kind of song one should end a wedding on. Oh, you want to know what our last dance song was? Guess.



3.Hang on Sloopy-Ohio State Marching Band. I so can't wait for football season to start.



4.Pink & the Indigo Girls-Dear Mr President. My much more articulate then I could ever come up with STFU moment in regards to our lovely administration.



5.Cold War Kids-Hang Me Up to Dry
. A great song that you want to spend your time jumping around in your underwear playing air guitar to. A group that Letterman helped me discover.



6.Nelly Furtado Featuring Timbaland-Say it Right
. I dare you to find a song that Timbaland has produced that you don't find your head bopping to or your toes tapping to. Cmon, I dare ya.



7.Free Bird-Lynyrd Skynrd
. Enough said I think.



Now lets see who I tag. And if I do tag ya, let me know when its done and I will swoop into your musical tastes. I am going to try and mix in some new blood.

1.Twyla-She is almost always available for finding 7 more songs, even though I have tagged her once already.
2.Pam. If for no other reason then the fact that she will love the Pink song.
3.Haley-O. Yea like she needs more publicity ;)
4.Wylie Kinson. Because she does need publicity. She has a new book coming out SOON
5.EC. Becuase we Red Sox fans need to unite!
6.Sarah at Still Life with a Soup Can.Because I really should visit her blog alot more then I do.
7.Mrs Flinger. For the same reason as above.

12 comments:

Twyla said...

Thanks for tagging me...you know I can never get enough of this kind of thing. :-)

Chelle said...

If I actually looked like that in a bikini, I would whore the pictures around the internet like nobody's business, I assure you. As for Everyday with Racheal Ray, my magazinearrives on the most bizarre schedule ever.

pissed off patricia said...

Well, I am the only person left in the world who does not own an ipod. My husband does but I do not.

Unknown said...

Enjoyed your list..I love the Daughtry song!

Tug said...

Hang on Sloopy - LOL. Love the song, but a marching band?

On your ipod?

Don't they get heavy? HAHAHAHAHA. Couldn't resist. sad, but true.

Blog said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Sparks! Publicity is soooo fun! ;) I wish Chris Daughtry's band wasn't called "Daughtry" -- I'm not digging it at all....

Nelly's totally grown on me. She and Timbaland are an awesome match.

Oh, I've done this one already, by the way.... It's on my blog...somewhere -- it was FUN!

Anonymous said...

Hold on there Pissed off Patricia - I don't own an Ipod either. And, I have to admit that I don't know more than half of these songs. Sorry Sparky! But, I trust your opinion, such that if I ever do get an Ipod, I would put them on it.

Desert Songbird said...

Best Damn Band in the Land - good choice, Sparky.

Oh, and re: football - mini-camps! I love the NFL Channel, CSTV, ESPN, etc.

Last words - FREEEEEEEE BIRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!

Pam said...

Just saw this tag...I am waaaay behind on the blogs! I'll try to get to it this week.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pink song.

Pam said...

Well sparks, the meme is done!! Great distraction from all the work lately.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK Sparky... we have a problem here.... You just don't talk bad about Taylor and I will not speak poorly of Mr. D.

Wylie Kinson said...

Hiya Sparky - I've been neglecting Blogland lately so I missed this!
Thanks for the tag and when I've posted, will stop back to let you know.
Love your selections (I admire anyone eclectic enough to appreciate both Bocelli/Brightman and Daughtry !)