Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What, They force a Goverment Agency to work now?

So, let me get this straight, or as clearly as I can understand. The E.P.A. is the Environmental Protection Agency. So, they are supposed to protect the environment, since their name is Evironmental Protection Agency. Yet, yesterday, the supreme court had to rule to tell them to explain why they do not want to protect the environment. Thats what happened yesterday right? The Supreme Court had to tell another government agency to actually either do there job or explain what exactly they are supposed to be doing?

Back when Christie Todd Whitman was named director of the E.P.A. and it was made close to a cabinet position I actually met this new with a shred of admiration for the Bush administration. They were at least appointing someone who I had a modicum of trust for and who I knew lived in horse country in New Jersey, so she would have some sort of an idea on the need to protect the environment, even it if was because it helped herself.

Of course, I should have known that the EPA was raised on its level in the government so this administration could keep a better hold on what they were saying and how they were going to craft the response to the growing problem of global warming. Fooled again I guess.

I am not that good at anagrams, so I can not figure out a way for the EPA to now stand for In Big Businesses Pocket and still making it look like EPA, but the name fits.

3 comments:

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Equity Pussified Assholes

Anthony said...

As far as I know, the reason Whitman couldn't continue as head of the EPA was her constant head-butting with the butt-heads in the White House.

Secondly, the first two words of EP are good, it's the "Agency" part that gets them in bed with business.
Generally, they carry out the will of the White House, which, when Clinton was there, were pretty much the EP part. Now, the A takes over and it became an Agency, leaving the EP to fend for itself.

Anonymous said...

Can they still fool us???? I have been not watching the news and it is still too much.

I won't rant on your blog, but I feel one coming on for mine!

And, the MRs. may like today's post. She would appreciate it and it is SO FUNNY! If you are sending her my way anyway.