Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Someone is in the doghouse...

And, no, its not me, at least for once its not me.



Dad was supposed to be watching the kid, who by the way is fine and has even become a mini celebrity. Dad said later that he thought he was shielding his son already, but he must have snuck around him. I am sure, after the initial trauma was over with and they found out that their son was fine, Dad was bringing Mom a bouquet or twenty.

If you watch the video the receiver, George Hill, could do nothing to stop his momentum. Yet, he still scooped little Caden up as he was falling down so he did not land on top of him and drive the tike into the concrete. Plus he still held the ball!

This of course leads my mind to me, since truly, I am the center of my own universe. My dad was a football coach when I was a toddler, and I can still remember clear as day running out on the field when I saw my dad run out DURING A TIMEOUT to coach up his kids. Grandpa got in trouble for that one, though I think I only made it halfway out onto the field.

And then their was the time I was holding those ten yard markers when I was much older. This time, it was all my fault. I was paying more attention to the cheerleaders then the game happening in front of me and was stunned to find the opposing teams fullback running me over. Luckily, I only had a deep knee bruise and sprain, no ACL tears or anything. Though it did work out since the injury forced Little Bro to have to rake the entire yard that weekend. I did not do it on purpose I swear.

5 comments:

Twyla said...

Oh my lord...that poor little guy. The dad must feel like crap, but I know how quickly kids can get out of site. Ugh...I cringe just watching it. It's a good thing that wall was padded.

Tilly Greene said...

Honestly Sparky, we're all friends here...you ogled the cheerleaders and was run over on purpose, the sympathy attention would have been perfect for a young laddy, not raking the backyard was a bonus :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't watch the video on this PC (I will have to come back later). Ogling cheerleader never leads to any good, if you ask me.

BTW: Good catch on the tautology! I agonized over putting either in there! Oh well!

Tug said...

Can you even IMAGINE? It hurts just thinking of it...

Did you get your interview questions I e-mailed?

Desert Songbird said...

You know me, I ADORE football, but when I first saw this video on our local news the other night, my first thought was, "That dad is dead meat!" because I just ASSUMED that it was the dad who wasn't watching the kid closely.

My husband even agreed with me and said, "The mom would've had that kid on a closer leash. That dad is dead!"