Tuesday, April 24, 2007

One of those posts some of you hate

I usually do the blog relish for things that don't really go into a post, but, relishes are usually funny and I just can't find any humor here.

First, some housekeeping. Local Girl and Rhian, your prizes have been sent. Please do me a favor and drop me an email when you get them, though LG, the post office said three weeks, danged media mail.

Now, I am looking to my author friends. Rhian, Tilly, even Wylie this means you. I have been tearing through the earliest book by Kim Harrison and I was curious about what you thought about her writing. Because, honestly, I think she's is great. The Rachael Morgan character is great. I am a tad disappointing at the lack of fan sites. Can't someone do a Dead Witch Walking screen saver?

Now, this is one of the few times I am looking to Fox News for some actual information. Shockingly, they are the first ones that come up with the story of a donkey testifying in Texas. Now, who swore him in? Mayor McCheese? Gotta love Texas.

I have a contest coming next week, more books on the block. I also have a daunting task that I have been mulling over for the last week or so. I am going to ask for help, just because I can.

11 comments:

Jay said...

Heya cutie-
It figures that Fox would be the one to bring you all the important donkey-related news. :)

Anonymous said...

OK, not everyone in Texas owns a donkey. WTH?

Tilly Greene said...

Love Kim Harrison! She's one of my LOL reads...oh man, her fairy partner cracks me up. I'm not sure why there aren't more fan sites because she's been around a while and has a big following. In fact, her last book was released in hardback which is a big deal.

Anonymous said...

I love Kim Harrison's books. If you like her you should try the new series by first time author Vicki Pettersson.

Rhian said...

Sparkster - do you even need to wonder? I've been hooked since her first book hit the shelves. One of my favorite authors in the world is Charles DeLint and Kim's stories have a hint of that Delinty urban mythos flavor. Have her last one in my TBR pile. I was pretty sure there were some fan sites and there are some in her links, as well as her myspace: http://www.myspace.com/kimharrisonbooks. If you have't read any Kelley Armstrong put that on your must read list too. Also a series so start with "Bitten." smooches - rhi

pissed off patricia said...

I am anticipating the arrival of george tenet's new book. Reviews say the white house is not going to be happy about what he has to say.

Blog said...

A donkey testifying? WTF!? Now, I've heard it all....

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's one of the downside of living on an island. The boat sure takes a long time to get here!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Do I count as an author friend?

I'm a fan of Kim Harrison, too. The writing's crisp and the imagination vested in her world is HUGE. This series should be more popular than some of the others out there -- *I* think.

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh man... blogger ate my comment! And it was a long one too!!

Here we go again with a shorter version -
I've never heard of Kim Harrison but will make a point of checking her out next time I'm in my friendly neighbourhood bookstore.
(But now I'm bitter because I said a lot more the first time around...)

Wylie Kinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.