Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ultimate Blog Party, Fashionably Late

***Sticky Post, until I do another party post, so please please scroll down for other posts***

Sparky Duck is in the house, and the house is packed! You knew that I would be here, foshizzle nizzle. What? People dont say foshizzle anymore? Well, I am a bit of a wallflower, so I had to wait until the party got itself started before we showed up.

Oh, you mean you have never met a 34 year old blue duck before? Well, then I had better lay it all out for you, so you wont just gawk at me. I grew up in Central Jersey, but moved down here to Philadelphia in 2004, hence the name of the Blog. I know, I know, people say its just one state over, but once you get above Trenton, NJ is very very different, meaning Philadelphia is really really different. And I dont just mean the pretzels.

But, I have settled in, gotten married to the lovely Mrs Duck and it really aint so bad here. Oh yes, married, Mrs Duck and I are still in the honeymoon/newlywed phase, its only been since June. I am a Stay At Home Dad who does not have any kids. *giggles* that is much better to say then I am currently between opportunities now isnt it? Well, the furballs are kinda like kids, but there cats, they are pretty darn self sufficient. Dont worry though, I have not lost faith.

I have a few pasttimes, football of course being one of them. But there books of all kinds and blogging. Dont forget that I am a expert in the kitchen, Mrs Duck says so and she is a pretty fickle critic.

The blog itself has been around since 2004 and has evolved from political rants from a guy who happily live in a blue city, to a mish mosh journal of things, which is actually how I pictured this little experiment to be in the first place.

I have invited some folks and they may stop by, as long as they hit that little button on the right (no your other right :>). But I am just excited to meet and greet new folks, oh yea and there was some mention of door prizes??

Oh, Oh, never come empty handed, thats what i always say, so click the little video below and maybe we can get some music jumping in here. I have to run out later for some limeade, but I figure we would go mingle first. Hey, nice to meet ya, now watch out for the feathers.


22 comments:

Becky said...

I am so excited to see you at the Blog Party! I was beginning to think I was just a bit too wild for this group of stay at home, home schooling, christian mom's. (Nothing against them, but I want to get my groove on!)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Sparky Duck has joined the party! I must say, you sure look spiffy in those duds!

Judy said...

Happy Party!! Glad to see you here and I'll be back to bother you later ;-)

Anonymous said...

And, what beautiful feathers you have there, Sparky Duck. It's so nice to cybermeet and greet with you at this party! :)

tiggerprr said...

How fun!! I'm glad you're here! I love reading about your adventures! :)

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Just poppin' in from the party to say hi!!!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Nice to see you join the party Sparky. Thanks for the bio. Also nice to know more about the people who's blogs I read. Thanks for the party :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm peppylady and I'm from North Idaho and I've been enjoy meeting new people via blogs.
So Party on!!! for the week

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting. Cool blog by the way!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Hey, happy blog party! You are the first guy that I've seen here. Oh, and you have a picture of Bono on your page. I like you already!

Happy Blog Partying this week!
Amy

Jay said...

What the heck is a blog party ?

And more importantly , is there any dip?

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Party chez Sparky...woo-hoo! In a couple of weeks, it'll be a big party here! :D

Knit-Wit said...

Hey Sparky! Thanks for stopping by my party and inviting me over. Cool site.

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet ya.

I will be starting my 3rd party favor give away later tonight. Come on over when ya get a chance.

PARTY ON!!!!

pissed off patricia said...

Hi Mr Duck!

Like Jay, I have no idea what a blog party might be, but I just followed the crowd here. I'm not worried about the dip so much as I am about whether adult beverages will be served.

Rhian said...

oh OOPs - i think i crashed the party. Sorry Sparky... ummmm....Don't mind me - i'll just hang out over here in the corner, snag some chips. Someone call me a cab if i drink too much.

Lexa Roséan said...

enjoyable read. I'll be back and thanks for visiting my blog :)

Wendy said...

Did I read something about dip AND adult drinks? You are definately gettting the party going! Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Heya! I'm working my way down the invite list - whew! I've had a consistent caffeine buzz going since Sunday.

notthatitsaffectingmeoranything. *grin*

Thanks for opening your doors and give those little furballs a big ole hug from Auntie Karen now, ya hear?

Becky said...

Thanks for coming by...

Drinking and blogging...all is love :D

Anonymous said...

Hi'ya Sparky!What a party you've got going ON!! It's nice to meet you. I'm adding you to my Project 365 list if that's OK!
Have a great day and PARTY ON!! :)

Revka said...

Stopping by for the party. I'm glad to see some guys are participating as well. :) Enjoy the day!