Sunday, March 04, 2007

Is Hillary Right?

Apologies early, because this could be a bit of a jumbled mess, still fighting off a bit of a sinus headache that is spiraling into a migraine, or at least I hope not.

But last night, I was watching the world news on ABC, because there were no good basketball games on anymore, but they did this story about all of the Republican candidates visiting this Conservative Southern thing. And its amazing, they all really disliked the frontrunners. Romney is called Mitt Flop, McCain is really not thought of as one of them, and Rudy is too, New York and wishy washy on abortion.

But, for all the bad thoughts they have on these front runners, they all agree on one thing, how they must defeat Hillary. She is such a dividing force, the Southern Republicans will take whatever they can get.

Which is why I am quite worried about Hillary running for President and getting the nomination. Many Democrats are undecided upon her, yet the Republicans will all band together to get her. She will get the base out, more for them then for the Republicans. Though it is amazing, this election is starting way way too early. And, I wish Cheney would run, because I think even Dodd could beat him.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

It is starting WAY too early. I fear voter burnout by next summer. I have to keep reminding myself that it's still 2007!

I think the Republicans could band together to "get" Hillary unless Rudy runs. He has as many skeletons in his closet as anyone, so the personal attacks will not work.

The really amazing thing that I saw today was a straw poll that ranked the Republicans. Sam Brownback still had 15%. (Rudy was the frontrunner) He is truly a frightening man, and I can only hope that he doesn't build up steam and accidentally get elected.

I'll be blogging from Canada.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Help me draft Al Gore.

Anonymous said...

It is way to early in the game to listen to all this, ummmm, stuff!

I am sticking w. Obama. I just don't get why everyone hates Hilary so much. If she gets the nomination I will be right there doing everything I can to see she gets in.