Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Technology Way Wrong

The lovely Nydia Han, another secret news girl crush by the way, did a story on just some "spectacular" technological breakthrough that is Caller ID Spoofing. The way it works is, you, electronic stalker, can purchase a 60 minute phone ID card online. Then using your assigned pin number and a telephone, you, electronic stalker, can call me and the number comes up on my caller ID as Aunt Betsy. Doesn't that just sound wonderful??

And apparently, right now it is legal, at least for individuals to do. I dont know, if you asked me, not only does it sound pretty dangerous for those naive individuals out there who would be easily fooled into giving out personal information that could be used for identity theft purposes, but it sure does sound like something perfect that those stalking EX's would love to get there hands on.

I am not going to list the companies that provide this service in this post, why provide them with another Google hit opportunity, but I would think this would be something that should be outlawed, as opposed to Jim Gardner's idea, which was to invent a Call ID Spoofing prevention machine.

4 comments:

Webmiztris said...

why do people come up with this crap in first place? I wonder, does it work when calling a cell phone too, as opposed to a regular house phone with caller ID?

Sarge Charlie said...

thanks for stopping by my place, and for your honesty. You may not like what I have to say because I read list of thing you like. Democrats are not, for the most part on my list of things I like because I disagree with most of their policies. That dose not mean we cannot be friends and exchange ideas, I love a good debate, as long as it is not shrill. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I have always lived by that belief and yes, I too was once a democrat. I am ashamed to admit that I voted for Jimmy Carter twice, go figure. Many people become more conservative with age, the smart ones start earlier. Smile Come on by, we can have some fun.

Tug said...

WHY do these people get away with doing this stuff? IN.SANE.

Anthony said...

And then they would invent an Anti Call ID Spoofing Prevention Machine...

There is an awful lot of intelligence being used for rotten activities nowadays.