Monday, March 19, 2007

Da Comments 4

Another Monday, another set of Comment Responses...

On Blogging Mental Health

kailani said...
Good to see you back! I've never heard of Wegmans but now I'm curious. I may have to check it out on a layover since we don't have it here.

Its truly amazing Kailani, like nothing I have ever seen. Though i think it started in upstate NY, so what else do they really have to do up there?

Anthony said...
Nice to have you back. I must say, as an area resident my whole-entire life, I've never been to the flower show. Just one of those things, I guess.
Sorry to see Drexel out of the tourney, but you can't make everyone happy.
Go Jayhawks!

yes go Jayhawks, still alive. Drexel would have a better arguement if they did not lay an egg in there first NIT game, at home no less. The flower Show for us is a once every 2 or 3 year experience. and eventually, no matter what, it still looks like just alot of flowers.

nancy said...
Taking a break is always a good thing. We missed the flower show here. I spent 12 hours in the car yesterday going to Danbury, CT and back. UGH!

Holy Crap why??!??!

Buttercup said...
You went to a Flower Show?? I'm very impressed Sparky. Clearly, I had you pegged wrong. :) Good for you for organizing. I have tons of that kind of stuff to do

Yes, Buttercup, I am a renaissance man. Plus it is a picture takers dream.

Momish said...
Wegmans? Where is a Wegman's around here? Jersey?

Yes, there is a Wegmans in Princeton/West Windsor and one in Bridgewater, though we ventured to the brand spanking new one in Warrington, PA.

J-Dawg's Realm said...
OK,
one of the things I hate about living in the midwest is that there are NO WEGMAN'S!!! I TRULY miss the Wegmans back home in Scranton...where else can you get fresh bread in baskets like at the old city markets, and fresh seafood off the trucks -- and like you said where else can you have band-aids and caviar in the same aisle!

Im sorry that I brought up all these things you miss, Dawg, but you do have a better chance of getting In N Out burgers or Sonic out by you dont you (BTW, Tug, your welcome)

On The Goat is a Rockstar

Nancy said...
Trust me many days I wonder why I had THREE kids and what it would be like not to have them. People have too much time on their hands to get so bent on other peoples choices that have no bearing on their lives.

Amen Nancy, though that could be said on alot of things, not just the post that Jay did on the whole kid thing. Live and Let Live.

Twyla said...
I do love my kids and wouldn't give them back for anything, but if I knew then what I know now, things would be different. I would have at least waited another 10 years for sure.

Twyla, you never sound like a bad mother, just a stressed one. But I do like your 10 year idea for sure. Though if we do decide to have kids, ill be in a walker when there in college.

Jay said...
Yeah, I totally know. :)

So Modest!! :)

On Not one but Two contests...


Editors note:oh wait, this one will have its own post tomorrow with thoughts and the winner, so wahh wahh wahh...

On Thursday Thirteen #26-Another NCAA One

Carmen said...
Ok, this Wahoo is upset at the Hokies being on your list, but not the Hoos. :) Actually, I'm just hoping we don't embarrass ourselves

I have no problem admitting that I picked Great Danes to beat the Cavs, since I am not perfect. Albany lost by like 50.

Tilly Greene said...
Okay, confession time, Basketball is my least favorite sport, and I love sports! I'll still make a pick - Da Bruins for the champs.

Its a possibility still Tilly, UCLA is just one of those awfully boring teams to watch, like paint drying or an hour of Fox News.

Knitting Maniac said...
Here's how *I* think it will go down:
OSU and Florida in a rematch National Championship game, but OSU will WIN this one. They need to vindicate the football team's loss last year.

After that Xavier game, it might be Buckeye destiny, but I do think they would need to win 2 basketball championships to make up for the pathetic showing by the football team.

Vader's Mom said...
Oh boo hiss Texas A&M. I have always been a SEC fan, so I really root for BAMA and the VOLS.

I am sooo pulling for the Vols now too, Mrs Duck is kicking my butt in this pool this year. Does Bama even have a basketball team?

she said...
So, when's this NCAA thingy over?
*grins, ducks and runs*

Now that sounds like Mrs Duck!!

On the Duck Family DNA...


Tug said...
I'll have to post mine soon-ish...LOL. You 2 have a lot in common - good thing. I'm a tad worried about Mrs. Duck's showing "part time lover", but hey - it's a great song....LOL.

Mrs Duck is actually quite snuggly and adores me as much as I adore her. But in the beginning, she was very big on her personal space and was none to thrilled that i was invading it some. That changed eventually :)

Jay said...
Matching is good, but I think a little contrast is exciting too, n'est-ce pas?

great now I have to google n'est-ce to just see what you are talking about Jay

On Help from Furry Friends...


tiggerprr said...
Hey Sparky! :)
Here's what our Cat Condo looks like. We got it at Costco for like $60 the cats love it. :)

Well, prrr, I sure hope Sam's Club has the same!

Uisce said...
we used to have a cat condo but we got rid of it because nobody was using it. not even the cats.

Now, thats not what I want to hear at all!! Though just now, Miss Lola was in the side window that I have to get on my tippy toes to look out of, so I would say shes game.

On Madness Day 1


Anthony said...
UNC is definitely overrated. It will be a close call between them and Ohio State to see which 1-seed is the first one eliminated. Early.

Anthony, you were sooo close to right, I think you maybe be Jimmy The Greek reincarnated!

On Gobble Gobble

Twyla said...
I was going to ask what the Hokies was, but then I googled it. I should have known. LOL

Yea, I should have marked this one tipsy typing in the labels as well as march madness :)

6 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Wegman's began in Rochester, NY. I first experienced them in the 70's when i went to school there...

When they opened in Princeton they became my only stop for shopping...
THE BEST MIXTURE of national and regional brands... fantastic selection of hard to find items, and their prepared foods are incredible..
Now that i am in Memphis, I miss them terribly...

Anthony said...

Speaking of the tournament (we were, right?) you owe it to yourself to read Phil Sheridan's column in today's Inquirer.
If you don't have the paper, it's probably on their web site.

Interesting stuff.

Debi said...

Hey, what do you mean by what else do we have to do here in upstate NY?!! We keep ourselves very busy shoveling snow, thank you very much!

Desert Songbird said...

Sorry, never heard of Wegmans, but you're right about Trader Joe's - great, great store. If it compares to Wegmans, then I'm for it.

The Slack-10...er, the Pac-10 conference is boring for most sports, but most of all basketball, and I say that as an ASU alum. I'm still true to my Midwest roots and pick the Big-10 over the Slack-10 anytime. Now, my alma mater of Butler could really surprise us with their fundamental game. Frankly, I'd be over the moon to see those damn Florida Gators eat some crow at the hands of the Dawgs. I love AJ Graves - reminds me of Steve Nash a bit.

Tug said...

I'm with Mrs. Duck/she with the "is it over yet?"...hee

J-Dawg's Realm said...

Let's see.... we have none of the following in the midwest (I can not WAIT to leave this area!)

1) Wegmans
2) IN -N- Out Burgers
3) Sonic
4) Cluck U (A Newark DE hot-spot)
5) Cracker Barrell
6) Sweet Tea
7) Popeye's Chicken (there is 1 in Milwaukee)
8) Church's Chicken
and Finally (I saved the best for last)

9) Tony Luke's (Philly's PREMIER Cheese-steaks)

Have a good one sir!