Sunday, March 11, 2007

Blogging Mental Health

I know, I have been absent. Except for the rant about the Atlantic 10 and a few little Bill Maher quips I have not been at my blogging best lately. I decided Friday that I needed a smidgen of a break, I felt that my posts were not flowing and that blogging was becoming more of a chore then fun. So, step away from the laptop.

Actually, besides making sure there was money in the checking account and paying DirecTV, I was no where near any computer in the last 72 hours or so. I think I might have been worried that my eyes were turning square. Plus, I actually had things to do. But now I feel refreshed.

I know, your asking, what in the world could you really have to do Sparky? Well, Friday, it was off to visit a Philadelphia Tradition, the Flower Show. The displays were gorgeous, dont worry I will regale you with plenty of pictures in the future. But, it was hard on the hips and legs. The floor at the Convention Center is hard and unforgiving. But, I saw Cecily Tynan live and in the flesh. That does bring a spring to your step.

Saturday, the Duck house continued its "Year of Organization" by continuing to tackle the storage area in the basement. How much Crap can you collect in 14 years? Well, so far enough to fill 5 boxes and 10 Hefty Bags! I think the Buddhist monks have the right idea, less is more.

Sunday, it was a food shoppers dream, Wegmans!!! Caviar for sale next to Band Aids, tell me where you can find that??? Its a store that you need to visit once in your life.

So, a mundane, silly weekend, but at least I think it helped my brain be cleared of cobwebs and become refreshed. Of course, I could be talking all about March Madness and Milton Street in 3 days, but it feels refreshing.

10 comments:

kuanyin333 said...

Aloha...I see you've won the prize I've donated for the Ultimate Blog Party, and since I haven't heard from you yet, would you please email me at kuanyin333 at gmail dot com and send me your mailing address so I can send the prize to you? If you don't mind, send me your phone number as well because I will spend extra money for tracking, and the phone # is often asked for when using tracking. Hopefully this beautiful video will refresh you as it sounds as if from this post, you could use a bit of a vacation---and hopefully this video will be like a mini vacation. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back! I've never heard of Wegmans but now I'm curious. I may have to check it out on a layover since we don't have it here.

Anthony said...

Nice to have you back. I must say, as an area resident my whole-entire life, I've never been to the flower show. Just one of those things, I guess.

Sorry to see Drexel out of the tourney, but you can't make everyone happy.

Go Jayhawks!

Anonymous said...

Taking a break is always a good thing. We missed the flower show here. I spent 12 hours in the car yesterday going to Danbury, CT and back. UGH!

Tug said...

Caviar next to the banddaids...in case you cut yourself opening the package, or why?

Anonymous said...

Grrr...I don't even WANT to discuss basketball right now.

Buttercup said...

You went to a Flower Show?? I'm very impressed Sparky. Clearly, I had you pegged wrong. :) Good for you for organizing. I have tons of that kind of stuff to do.

Twyla said...

Breaks are good...just don't stay away for too long. :-) I think I'm due for another one really soon.

Anonymous said...

Wegmans? Where is a Wegman's around here? Jersey?

Anyway, glad to see you had some time off. Blogging can get like that sometimes and taking a break is always a good thing.

J-Dawg's Realm said...

OK,
one of the things I hate about living in the midwest is that there are NO WEGMAN'S!!! I TRULY miss the Wegmans back home in Scranton...where else can you get fresh bread in baskets like at the old city markets, and fresh seafood off the trucks -- and like you said where else can you have band-aids and caviar in the same aisle!

J