Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Keep your fingers out of my ears

We all get these emails from time to time, talking about stupid laws that are still on the books in the United States. You know what Im talking about, like the fact that its legal to have moose as a pet in some town in Maine. Ok, I am making that up, but, you know its possible.

But, I am not making this one up. Though luckily, its only a proposal, but come on now. I wear my Ipod to avoid dealing with people, especially the ones that are on the street corners looking to get me to donate to there children's charity, vote for some councilman I cant even vote for, or trying to get me to spare a quarter. So, no, I am not a fan of this law, even though I dont find myself ending up in New York City Ipodded anytime soon. Like the police in one of the biggest cities in the United States doesnt have anything else better to do.

5 comments:

Twyla said...

That's the worst law ever. Seriously.

Anthony said...

Technology is moving faster than either government or business can deal with. This is another example. City walking requires crossing a street every few minutes. How is one to adapt to that?

Anonymous said...

*chuckle* I still don't even own an iPod...I need to catch up with the times!

Biff Spiffy said...

'Tis true! Having solved all the other problems facing their city...

I like the way Bob & Tom put it this morning. It's natural selection. If you're too stupid to look both ways before crossing the street, then off you go.

I'm voting with you on this one.

(Oh, and feel free to comment to your heart's content... tongue biting is illegal in Spiffytown, in fact the cops are on the lookout for that.)

Christie O. said...

yeah. good luck enforcing that one.