Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #21-Blog Love


Thirteen Blogs Sparky reads all the time


I love blogs and I decided this week to share the love with blogs I read everyday, or at least as much as I can. Of course, its another hard list since it will be hard to keep the number at 13.

1. Everyday Margo-One of the first bloggers that linked me and one of the first ones I kept coming back to. I don't even know how I found her, I might have felt the need to make fun of the Cornhuskers.

2. Kill the Goat-If you like your writing with that hint of snarkiness, Jay is just your girl. Plus, shes been nominated, that must men something.

3.Apartment 2024-She is from the Pacific Northwest, one of my favorite places in the world. She lives in Philly, my favorite place I have ever lived. And when she tells a story you feel like your in it.

4.Do I have to Call it a Blog-Football, Warm weather and a Trivia Quiz, great stuff.

5. Lady Jane Scarlett's Den-She reminds me of an old friend that I have lost touch with, because she loves to focus on the idiocy of life, and is sarcastic as all heck.

6.Just Tug-Almost always makes me laugh at least once a week, and usually finds a great meme to do. Plus she leaves comments, which deserves its own recognition.

7. The Zeus Excuse-Well, duh, of course I read Zeus all the time. I voted for him as a blog I would never stop reading for crying out loud.

8. Memoirs of a Feline Empress in Exile- Kukka Maria, what can you say really. While Zeus is down to earth, Kukka has grasped onto her need to be a Queen Kitty and run with it. Hilarious stuff, just dont mention Oprah.

9.Buttercup and Bean-A joint blog, though it seems to have become the Buttercup show recently, though we will cut Bean a break, I think shes expecting and exhausted. B & B is like Sex in the City for the rest of us, well minus the Sex.

10.An Island Life-Local Girl disappeared for a little while and I for one is really really glad she is back. She's running this great Valentines Day Swap, which I would have done if Mrs Duck didnt put her foot down. Plus, LG is in Hawaii!

11.Lost in the Battle-Twyla seems to be the better looking, female Canadian version of me. We share alot of the same tastes and ideas. Now, wouldnt you love to read a Canadian, better looking version of me?

12.My Sick Mind-Brillant. A great writer, who has no problem pointing out the stupid things people do in the world. Plus he looks like Subway, though I dont think there is any relation. And, how many bloggers do you know who make a Spaulding Gray/Rick Dees reference?

13.Here Comes a Storm-A great layout, great posts, plus she is great with comments. Sounds like the perfect Blog combination. Plus, she uses a absinthe reference, that takes brains.

So, there you go, though I know I missed some, like Evil Julie, Sam and Beckyboo, Momish, Blog the Mommy, and the Patent Princess just to name a few. In my defense, it is a Thursday 13 list and I have like 4 sets of blog bookmarks. Know any ones that you read daily that i should be reading?



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





27 comments:

Uisce said...

Hello, Leanne sent me! I enjoy reading Jay. the others I'll have to check out. thanks for sharing! Happy TT, mine's up!

Buttercup said...

Sparky, Thanks for the shout-out! But, I thought you didn't like SATC? You're right, it has become the Buttercup show of late, but it's because Bean is due in about 5 weeks. I'm going to be an Auntie soon!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Thanks for giving me a list of new people to visit! Happy TT!

Rashenbo said...

Awesome. I've been to a couple of these before, but not blogs I visit with any kind of regularity :) I like seeing other blogs that people favor... it's interesting.

Thanks for sharing and have a lovely Thursday.

Anonymous said...

oh man, the last thing i need is more blogs to get hooked on

Tug said...

Thanks for the shout out Sparky!! I need to get back in the groove here, post TT's, all that. Maybe now that I'm getting the decent computer going? We can only hope...

Katili said...

Brilliant idea for a list! I may have to steal it next week :D Happy Thursday! *goes to read blogs*

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out! Even if I didn't make the 13 *pout* (Just kidding.) A few of your 13 are also among my favorites as well.

Happy Thursday!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

The only one I know is Local Girl. I love me a good read so I'll have to go and check out the rest. I'm doing the Valentines swap. Can't wait to see what I get. Hope Kelli over at gillysmama.blogspot.com likes what I sent her:)

Unknown said...

Nice list! We always like new blogs and we also like it when you stop by and visit! Hubbys blog (www.valtool.blogspot.com) has his favorite wrestlers!

Becky said...

Great, more blogs to go check on. At this rate, I'll never get any work done. I'll just sit at my job and read blogs all day long...oh, wait, I do that now.

Carmen said...

some of these are on my reading list too, but I'm always up for new blog suggestions.

K T Cat said...

Great suggestions! Kukka is a daily read for me, too.

Darla said...

Oh, boy. The list of blogs I check every day is already pretty long. I can't resist a peek at all these, though.

Neila said...

Hey! Thanks for the honorable mention. ;-) I don't do a list like that because I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them out.

You have some great blogs listed! One I would recommend is Morgen at It's A Blog Eat Blog World. If you don't read that one, you should!!

And BTW, Chris Daughtry is AWESOME!! If you have not checked out his new CD, you should buy it or illegally download it now! :-)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh, I know lots of blogs you should be reading on a daily basis. Topping that list is mine, of course. *wink*

I have a good one for you that skewers Pittsburgh... let me know if you want the url! :D

Tink said...

I don't know all of them, so I'll get back to check those out. Great tips!
Thanks for visiting my TT about support.

Anonymous said...

I am so going to check these blogs out! Thanks for the list. Always looking for good ones!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are the coolest guy ever! Thanks for the shout-out!!! :)

Twyla said...

Yey! I'm so glad I made the list...and what you said about me is pretty true. Although I've never seen you, so I can't say that I'm better looking, although I will assume that I am. LMAO.
You are in my top list of blogs that I visit too. :-)

Twyla said...

And btw...it is possible to see the picture I was referring to in my WW. The link to Justin's blog is somewhere in my Links...BUT I will warn out now...it is NOT a pretty sight...and NO I wasn't trying to pee. LMAO
That is all. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nod, I'm happy to hear that mine is one of your favorite blogs! I'll do my best to keep pulling you into my stories.

Anthony said...

Thank you. It's easy to point out the stupid things people do, because I've done most of them myself!
Cool to be on your list and greatly appreciated.
You'd be on mine too, if I had one.

BTW, I'm with you on the Champions place being overrated. Fox and Hound is very cool. Try the Independence Brew Pub the next time you're out.

Anonymous said...

Great list--I love reading Zeus as well!

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Happy TT

alisonwonderland said...

great list! some of those are blogs i already enjoy visiting - and the others i'm going to have to check out!

happy thursday!

Anonymous said...

I barely have time to read what I read now and you want me to add more blogs? ;)

I will check them out, they look great!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Thanks for the shout-out Sparky, I owe you a big wet sloppy platonic kiss. If only I can escape the frigid Canadian air...and projected 10 inches of snow! Eeeeek!