Monday, February 12, 2007

Gobblygook

The illness has attached itself to Chez Duck once again, and the gook is probably what we have been currently coughing up. Mrs Duck got it first and last night I was in bed early because I was coughing up a storm and also the horrible shaky feeling that comes with a fever. Mrs Duck is not the best patient, she whines a bit more then me and also seems to like to repeat herself. Though as soon as she reads this I will probably be a dead man.

The Grammy's were dull. Boring dull. I knew we were in trouble as soon as Stevie Wonder and Tony Bennett beat out U2 and Mary J Blige. Some of the performances were good though. I was struck by the Dixie Chicks and Gnarls Barkley respectively. They both did amazing jobs.

Speaking of the Dixie Chicks, dont we think it might be time for some of you country music fans to get over yourselves?? My family tells me all the time how mad they are to be living in Texas and to be associated with the Shrub. What Toby Keith couldnt put out more albums about how he was going to kick some more ass?

It must be sweeps, because the local news has been going GaGa over a storm that hasnt even really formed yet. Let's be sure to use the Bush Doctrine and scare the crap out of everyone so they watch your sick o'clock schlock fest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked gnarls barkley's performance...but what was with the airline pilot costumes??

Tug said...

Brooks & Dunn DO need to go away, I totally agree. As for the Chicks? I'm not ready to make nice. heh.

I saw in the comments of the last post something about you want to tweak your template? If it's not a biggie (like changing background or pictures), let me know, I've done mine (before the template I have now).

Anthony said...

It's definitely sweeps. They love these February events.

I hope you're feeling better, but something tells me all we'll have to do is trudge through some rain and a little ice.
They got their ratings, so they really don't care if they're right or wrong.

Anonymous said...

See, I liked Gnarls, but not the Chicks. I've never been a fan. Natalie Maines rubs me the wrong way somehow. And I like country music. And I didn't like that album. I also wish I had some sort of memory wiping machine to get the image of Asscal Flabs covering Hotel California. That should never have been allowed to happen.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty gutsy of you dis Mrs. Duck like that! LOL! I hope you're all feeling better soon!

Christie O. said...

i only caught a little of the grammy's but i loved christina aguilera's performance, wow she's got some pipes! hope you and the wife feel better!!! so sorry to hear you're sick again!!!