Monday, January 05, 2009

Wildcard Weekend Recap

This was one of those orgasmic football weekends that only comes around a few times a year. Naturally, I watched almost all of it.

Arizona faced off with Atlanta in the early game and while most of the country probably did not care, I did because of my alegiance to the Cardinals. I thought in the beginning the Warner was looking old, but the Edge looked like the running back from Indianapolis and Rod Hood played like an Eagle, giving the Cardinals a hard fought win.



The best game of the weekend was the one that looked like the best on paper, with Indianapolis and San Diego facing off on Saturday night. I know I maybe one of the few people in the country that has ever heard of Darren Sproles, but he singlehandly sent Peyton Manning into golf season.



The worst worst game of the weekend was Miami hosting Baltimore. Once Ed Reed ran back that interception for a touchdown, you knew you could go and take a shower, which I did. In fact, this game is not even worth a picture.

Finally, it was time for the Eagles vs Minnesota. Deep in my brain, I knew the Eagles would win, just because they are the better team. However, I was not convinced of a win until Westbrook did what Westbrook does on a screen and sent the Eagles to a matchup with the hated Giants. There will be plenty of email smack talk this week for Sparky Duck.



5 comments:

Anthony said...

If they didn't know who Sproles was last week, they'll know now because LT might not play. The Chargers might be able to squeeze another week out of the little guy, though. Remember, they had Michael Turner until they had to let him go. Quite the little running back farm they have.

I couldn't help but wonder how the Patriots felt after finishing 11-5 and not making the playoffs while the 8-8 Chargers HOSTED a game. Then I laughed quietly to myself because I hate their guts.

The Ravens play boring games because of that shut-down defense, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Tampa.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I'm with Anthony. I snickered at The Pats =)

Tilly Greene said...

Thanks for the recap of what's happened so far. Wanted to see Jets do well, but was pleased to hear Miami [Pennington] beat them :-)

Have to admit that one of the few teams I can't stand is the Eagles - ick!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Come on up to Giants Stadium where your Eagles will become extinct this weekend

Sparky Duck said...

Bond-let the smack talk begin