Thursday, January 22, 2009

Acme holds me hostage

I had an early day from work today. Mostly because I am going to have to work Saturday and with our new system, we can no longer fiddle with the time sheets.

So, I took advantage of the day by going to the doctors, getting a prescription and then shuffling off to the closest supermarket, Acme. Big Mistake!

Things went well early on, until I got to the Deli section. It was a mob scene on a Thursday, which is not normal. So, I had a choice, grab some ham and cheese from the Oscar Mayer counter, or wait in line. I went with the Oscar Mayer, as opposed to losing 20 minutes of my life. Overpriced does not equal Xbox time.

Dammit Acme, you are already more expensive, please do not allow your staffing to become a Genaurdi's!

3 comments:

Anthony said...

If it makes you feel better, the Shop Rite wasn't any less congested tonight. Is there snow in the forecast?

I think all that "fresh deli meat" stuff is overrated anyway.

Sarge Charlie said...

I had forgotton ACME, we had them in Baltimore, they all closed there in the late 70's

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I was never a huge ACME fan in NJ...especially when we finally got a Wegmans

I miss Wegmans!!!!