Thursday, October 09, 2008

We Are Schmucks

I come home from a long day at work, when the grand wizard of the new company decided to come for a visit in our little dinky outpost. So, yes, I am ready to let off a little stress.

Stop at the store, head home, to hear a neighbor say "did you lose a cat?" I look in my window and see furry child #1 and furry child #2 hanging out watching me, and reply "thankfully, no". Though I still wander over and see this little almost all black cat hanging out in a cat carrier. And dangit, he is cute.

But, I resist. I have 2 cats, and this one has been outside, who knows what it has. But, the finders of little Biden are allergic and are already breaking out from hives. Again, I resist!

3 hours later, take the garbage out and Mrs Duck asks, If it around?"

Needless to say we have an almost black cat now hanging out in a giant cage in our basement

3 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

How nice....ummmm "Little Biden" ????

Valtool said...

Nice of you to take him in. We have four cats in our house, two are ours and two are my brothers, and on Sunday we brought home a rescue Basset Hound to foster. Four days later I believe we will be adopting her.

The Gal Herself said...

Congratulations! As Melanie says in Gone with the Wind, "the happiest days are when babies come." How do your other cats like Little Biden?