Saturday, October 11, 2008

Biggest Mistake Ever

Let us make everyone aware. Philadelphia Flyer fans are blue collar. There team was once known as the Broad Street Bullies. And the New York Rangers are a northern/central New Jersey, Manhattan fan base. So, inviting Sarah Palin to drop the first puck in front of these crazy rowdies may have been the biggest dumbass move ever. Notice how loud the into music got and it still did not work.



I know, I know, where is the respect! And I know Sarge will be screaming tomorrow, but if the Governor of Alaska wants a warm reception, head to the Predators.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Since Snider gave the Republicans $25,000, I figure he wanted to get his money's worth.
The fact that we buy into that "hockey mom" and "Joe Six-pack" crap is what really rankles me.
Then, he runs her out in front of a crowd in a city that hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1952. That's just ignorant.

We go to sporting events to escape from life, and Snider goes and throws life in our faces.

Sarge Charlie said...

Yep, you proved your point Mr Duck, you folks do not know how to give a visitor proper respect. In the south our parents taught us to be courteous to our guest, too bad you folks did not have parents like ours.

Just kidding, I would not have had her appear in Philadelphia. I know we have no votes there and the campaign knows the same thing, this was not important to me, much more interested in what happened to my investments and idiots like congressman Lewis, the bigot from Georgia.

Sparky Duck said...

Anthony-It was a bumbleheaded move on the campaigns part, as were her comment that she would be rooting for the Rangers because Gomez is an Alaskan. She knew it was coming.

Sarge-Thanks for showing a sense of humor. And trust me, I am more worried about my 401k's then this crap too.

Jenny McB said...

Silly, just plain silly.

But it did remind me of a fight one time with the Bruins...didn't it go into the stands?