Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #61-The Car One


Thirteen Things about My Old Car


As I mentioned a while back, my last car was kind of totaled in a bit of an accident. I never really went into the story of what happened and now that everything is resolved, I figure I will soon enough. But here are 13 ways my car was not in an accident, maybe.

1.I got way way too close to a volcano

2.I told Mrs Duck that the show Lost was overrated and she took revenge.

3.One word:Flamethrower

4.I yelled Go Cowboys at an Eagles tailgate party.

5.I tried to channel my inner Evil Kneival

6.I thought a Corolla would make a great Zamboni.

7.Indigestion after some really spicy Mexican food, the interior never recovered.

8.I decided to take a scenic tour of Camden

9.What? Who knew cars don't float?

10.I thought the fact that I only had a few payments left was a bad thing.

11.The urban legend about the hook in the roof really happened.

12.I am a big fan of the Calgary Flames

13.I am just a freaking idiot



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





22 comments:

Darla said...

Hee! After this, the real story is bound to be a let-down.

Laura Paxton said...

okay, gotta know the REAL story, now!

Susan Demeter said...

Too funny!!! Happy TT :)

suchsimplepleasures said...

hilarious!!! i love the interior never recovering one!!
loved reading this...have a great tt!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I love the word Zamboni. It sounds like it should be Mob insult and yet it isn't!

Anonymous said...

One word: Hilarious.

Thanks!

Amy Ruttan said...

LOL!!! Why can't I ever get interesting accidents like that.

I work as a Law Clerk in duhn duhn DAH a firm that deals strictly with MVAs. Thought I had seen it all ... until Sparky's brain came up with more interesting accidents. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, I once did my own imitation of a Zamboni in my '65 Mustang convertible. What a wild ride!

Gandalf & Grayson's Mom

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Umm who said Zamboni is NOT a mob insult????

OK, fess up...what happened?

Robin said...

I literally laughed out loud at the idea of a Corolla as a zamboni...

Wylie Kinson said...

I'd smash your car over #2 too!!
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a Zamboni driver. How totally cool would THAT look on a resume??

Wylie Kinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Book of Keira said...

Why not just admit the truth? There is no shame in recieving fellatio while driving. We all do it.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Well my Corolla does kinda glide on the ice.

And Bond...I thought Jabroni was a Mob insult?!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I think you were trying to be like that taxi driver in Miami the other day who jumped off the interstate.

At least my favorite ducks are all okay. That's important.

Michelle B said...

Too funny! I'm glad that number 7 isn't how your accident happened. It gives a whole new meaning to a car accident:/

I'm glad to hear you got everything resolved.

Jenny McB said...

mmmm, thinking 13 maybe or did you think you were George Jetson?

Norma said...

Very clever. Now we'll want the truthy story. My TT is up.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Sure there was no volcano? In Philly?

Anonymous said...

Flamethrowers will do it every time!

Anndi said...

At least you picked a Canadian hockey team...

(Lost never was interesting to me - hope Mrs Duck doesn't fly over my head and drop a "present")

Number 7 ... bwahahahahahaha! Waws your butt the flamethrower in 3? bwahahahahahahahaha!

Desert Songbird said...

I'm guessing #13 is probably closest to the truth. Right?