Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Just Can't TiVo That

Now that I am back to work, there are a few things that I miss. My soap opera, sleeping past 8 am, and a George Bush press conference. Today, the last go around of one of those things for the year is on TV. And while there is talk of the soaps having problems because of the writers strike, I mean a good Shrub press conference.

Now, I know I can not bring myself to TiVo it, since usually about a half hour into one of these things, I am usually screaming at the TV, but today this is going to be a tough one for Bush. Usually, he gives the press corp about a half hour notice before its time for one of these fun question and answer sessions. Today, the press has a good day and a half notice, so you know that they will be chomping at the bit. The over/under for a smug look from the President today should be about 10 minutes.

Though, Mrs Duck did bring up a good point. The report yesterday that Iran does not actually have nuclear weapons came out at an awful time for the administration, so it could mean one other thing. That the President has some sort of last minute good news, well good news for him, that will take the focus away from the lack of nukes in Iran. Or, he is already pushing the big red button and will be just letting us know after the fact. For once, I am hoping she is wrong.

7 comments:

Schmoop said...

It really has to suck for Dick Cheney that now he has no reason to attack Iran. Cheers!!

the Book of Keira said...

I'm a General Hospital girl :P

Hyperion said...

You're like a cute liberal gnome.

Jenny McB said...

I just can't watch him, it's painful. Really, I could watch endless primary commercials up here in NH , oh, that's right, I do...but anyways, you get the point.

How about them Pats? Nailbiter last night, with announcers like that, no wonder everyone loves to hate them right now.

The Gal Herself said...

What I learned from today's press conference: My President doesn't worry about facing a "credibility gap" with citizens like me. Nope. He feels "pretty spirited, pretty good about life." He also thinks this "NIE is an opportunity to continue to rally our allies."

So I guess today confirmed it for me: My President is a happy idiot who denies reality.

Anthony said...

Oh jenny, don't blame the announcers. We'd hate the Patriots if the games were in black and white in semaphore code.

gal: Mostly, the happy idiots who elected this numbskull TWICE are the ones who are denying reality. Bush just goes along with the crowd.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

OK, well I have been so out of touch since Monday...did W announce he would not be running for a third term?

Did he announce that he was taking the whole month off to be in TX?

Did he announce that, despite rumors to the contrary Cheney is NOT the President?

Curious minds want to know...