Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Express cooks, work party style

I am crazy, really I must have been dipping in the eggnog or something when I said I would bring Christmas cookies to our work party tomorrow. Well, maybe I was thinking about spiked eggnog, since the cookie decision was made at 8 in the morning and not 8 at night.

Anyway, here it is about 5 minutes to 11 and I am still baking away. I usually thrive on getting things done at the last minute, so this should have been a piece of cake, or cookie actually. But, working until 7, being down one car and not starting until 8 or so was not the best plan. So we wait and wait and wait.

What did I make?? Well of course, Sparky can share one of the recipes, maybe it will come out better for you.

M & M Dream Bars


24 servings

2 cups oatmeal
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup melted butter
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup M&M's
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt; add melted butter and stir until moist (the mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1 1/2 cups and press remaining crumbs into a greased 13X9-inch baking pan (I line the pan with non-stick foil.).
2. Bake 12 minutes at 375°F.
3. Combine milk and peanut butter; carefully spread over baked crust. Sprinkle on M&M's and chocolate chips. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over chocolate pieces and lightly press crumbs down.
4. Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.

Credit to GaylaJ

Oh yea and here is your dose of Lights, this time presented by MEHughes, from Mystic, CT.


3 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

ooooooooooooooooo fun recipe.... I just gained 5 pounds reading it!

Jay said...

Yum, those sound good enough to eat!

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm getting fat at Christmas ... *sigh* I just know it.