Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sounds Like a Freaking Bang Up Day

1.The Dow dropped over 300 points. Now, its not an awful drop in comparison to what the actual number of the Dow is, since it is obviously pretty darned inflated. But still, a big number is good for news people to yell about, so it makes more people nervous.

2.Hey, Gas is back over $3, way over $3 in fact, at least here in the Delaware Valley. Its about 3.12 for regular or so, not exactly great for the people stuck in there cars for hours on end because the infrastructure is failing, causing alot more road construction to fix it.

3.Wow, great news from Pakistan, which is on the cusp of falling into martial law. Just what everyone needs, a country with nuclear weapons on the verge of martial law. Its like setting a gas field on fire and holding out marshmallows.

4.The dollar is in the crapper. And while it does not really affect me, since I am not heading off to Europe anytime soon. But the dollar is usually the indicator on where the economy is going, and the fact that it is weaker then Britney Spears chances of mother of the year is not a good indicator.

5.Oh and Rudy Giuliani collected the endorsement from Pat Robertson. One thing it does prove is that both of them are not the devil, since they were in the same place at the same time.

For once Fred Thompson maybe right

8 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

I'm going back to bed.

Anonymous said...

But work is going great, right?

Valtool said...

We had a run-up on gas last week where it topped out between $2.95 and $2.99 depending on if there is competition at the corner. Tonight on the way to trivia we saw $2.899, but we still can't get a TastyKake Apple Pie down here.

Wylie Kinson said...

I am EXTREMELY bummed about your dollar Mr. Duck since both Mr. Wylie and I earn US dineros but live in Canada. It's going to be a tight Christmas!

And seriously? Pat is endorsing Giuliani? That's scary. For Giuliana!!

Anthony said...

You guys in PA must be hurting. The local WAWA in Woodbury Heights, NJ is $2.79. No bargain, but not $3 either. Nationally it's a lot worse.

News reports that give Dow Jones numbers without percentages are irresponsible and alarmist. Percentages are always more important than numbers when reporting stock prices.

Carrie Lofty said...

All of this and no Daily Show to see us through. Not that I blame the strikers, mind. Just a sucky week all around.

Rebecca said...

I know how to make gas prices go down ;-0

And since I know you expect me to disagree with the rest I'll just say that I do.

Happy Thursday though :P

The Gal Herself said...

I can't tell you how pissed I am at Giuliani right now. Wait! Yes I can! I just blogged about it. I'm surprised more people aren't shocked and disgusted by this.