Friday, November 16, 2007

Not the Best of Starts

looking at last night, we can see how the weekend has already gotten off to a difficult start. I am used to Oregon coming up short in one game or another, which usually kills there season, so I should not have been surprised.

So, this morning, when I checked my account to see if my first payroll hit the checking account, since today is pay day, and I saw the same $10 that was in there last night, I was less then thrilled. Now the question will not be where was the direct deposit, because that sometimes takes forever to set up. The question will be when I get into work, where did my check go. There are about 3 possible answers, my training site, my home office or my actual home. Actual home would be a tad painful, since that means its not gonna show up until Tuesday. Bahhh. Not auspicious.

7 comments:

Twyla said...

But $10 is still enough to buy some sort of alcohol for the weekend. :-) See, I can always find the bright side of things.

Jenny McB said...

Losing to an unranked team and also losing your star quarterback....you must have been yelling at the tv. I bet your check was waiting for you at work, it can't get any worse.
So what will be the games to watch this weekend?

Anonymous said...

You should definitely call your accounting department to see where it is. Maybe they didn't even cut the check! Hope it turns up today!

Rebecca said...

I love having direct deposit - I love that I have access to my money when I wake up on pay day (or midnight the night before if I happen to be up that late) - but you're right, it can be a total pain until it gets set up!

Happy Friday!! :P

Desert Songbird said...

umm...Go Devils?

Wylie Kinson said...

employment: good
working for free: not good

Hope your account magically fills up over the weekend ;)

Cinnamon Girl said...

Why is it that auto deposit is ALWAYS a cluster when we start it up?