Monday, November 19, 2007

Fraynetic Poetry Train

I am experiencing two levels of fears today, and I get to dump them all over the Poetry Train. One level is the oh I hope the new people like me and I hope I like them. This fear is kind of silly, but it is also something that I think every person gets the first day of a new job, or at least the first day in a new situation. Its also something that will go away eventually.

The other fear is a silly, yet small fear that, while I can not divulge because then I would give too much away about my work, it is also something that will probably never really go away, it will just shrink. Its just something I have to suck up I guess.

So, to cover it, I need to find things that keep me relaxed. Over my Head by The Fray is something that made me happy and calm leading up to the wedding. It was not even a song that was featured that prominently at the ceremony, but as we lead up to the big day, its almost like I discovered it before anyone else did. And it started getting heavy rotation just before the big day. So, it brings back some happy memories and makes me calm. Of course, there is no way I can listen to it on a perpetual loop on my Ipod, because you know, customers don't love the ear buds.




I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a queue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Let's rearrange
I wish you were a stranger I could disengage
Just say that we agree and then never change
Soften a bit until we all just get along
But that's disregard
Find another friend and you discard
As you lose the argument in a cable car
Hanging above as the canyon comes between

[Over My Head (Cable Car) Lyrics on
http://www.lyricsmania.com/]
Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

And suddenly I become a part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and its effortless
Without a sound we lose sight of the ground
In the throw around
Never thought that you wanted to bring it down
I won't let it go down till we torch it ourselves

And everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Everyone knows
She's on your mind
Everyone knows I'm in over my head
I'm in over my head
I'm in over...

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind



Hop on the Poetry Train, i think there is some sort of celebration or something this week.

14 comments:

Joy Renee said...

i can always count on you to introduce me to something new that adds quality to my day. i love this sound i could easily listen to it on endless repeat all day. and the lyrics? i could make them my mantra for the rest of the month as I am most definitely in over my head with my NaNoWriMo Novel with which i seem to be having and effortless parting of the ways.

congrats on the new job!
as one who has socially triggered anxiety, I know it isn't much help to have everybody telling you to just relax. so i won't. but i will offer this which has helped me ofter: remember to breathe--deep, slow breathes that fill your lungs and released nearly as slowly. oh, and smile often. smiles actually trigger release of those 'happy' brain chemicals. and they have the added bonus of triggering return smiles from all but the most sourpusses they are aimed at.

thanx for visiting my poem. and hey re the ending? what do you expect from a 14 year old. :)

Lisa Andel said...

Hey, I liked it.
And rather appropriate too.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of it so it was very refreshing to listen to it.

Thanks!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I LOVE that song =)

Jill said...

Could you have been a groom that was taking a part of the wedding planning in hands?? Or are you thinking of your new job with this song??

Unknown said...

Love those words..Hoping you have a magnificent stress free day

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Oh. That's what this song is!

I could listen to it all day, too. It's a great one. Awesome choice, Sparky!

Amy Ruttan said...

Ok I promise I won't beat Christmas to death for you. ;) But I can't make any promises in December. LOL!

Jay said...

Here's to shrinking fears.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Sending positive vibes your way, Sparky! I thought today's lyrics were funny ones for you to have discovered at the time of your wedding. Very synchronistic.

My favorite lines:
'And suddenly I become a part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and its effortless'

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

very cool..thanks for the intro....

OUCh for the Ducks...

Double OUCh for the Ravens...

Rhian said...

i have days like this
i have days like this!
boy can i relate.
nice pick and of course they will like you Sparkle. You're totally, completely, absolutely loveable.

Wylie Kinson said...

Yup - great song. Rather appropriate for the occasion too :D
Good luck with those job stresses Sparky (how can anyone NOT like you? You're charming, witty -- very witty -- and smart. They'll love you)
We love you ;)

Ann said...

I love that song too. Good luck with the new job. And I'm sorry about the ducks, I was rooting for them (which might have been the problem). :)