Sunday, November 11, 2007

A DirecTV refund?

The games today have been awful. Boring, dull, sluggish, boring. Though they have been picking up some in the 2nd half, I do not think that the Chiefs/Broncos game is going to be really anything to write home about. And please, the Vikings are so bad that to watch Favre shred them for over 300 yards, while inspiring, it is also poor football to watch.

And I just can not bring myself to watch all of the Eagles game. Not only are they just now finally getting a spark, but sheesh, they have let Jason Campbell throw all over them, yes I said Jason Campbell.

Now the real problem is that it costs me four payments of $39.95 to watch this schlock. I do know what I will be doing on my day off tomorrow, finding out how I can reduce the darned payments on my DirecTV, because if I am stuck with bad NFL, I am not about to pay for HBO as well, which shows the same 5 movies.

Yes, I know, life really isnt that difficult, but with the Nablopomo, I gotta come up with something.

6 comments:

Anthony said...

I've been getting HBO for free since I signed up for digital cable, but I think that's coming to an end. Just as well, since tonight is the final episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which in my opinion is one of the few good things about HBO.

Chargers/Colts tonight should lift your spirits. I think it's time for Phillip Rivers to show me something. So far, he's average at best.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I like your logic for the DirecTV payments. Let's hope they go for it.

Rhian said...

sports boring? gasp! say it ain't so!

Tilly Greene said...

Still better than watching on the traditional networks...there I was watching Green Bay, close my eyes for a minute and it's replaced by Philly and Washington! If I wanted to watch that game I would've stayed on the other channel! Grrr!

I think the networks have made watching football a nightmare this season!

The Gal Herself said...

I don't care about football. Not professional. Not collegiate. Not high school/Friday night lights. Perhaps it's because my love of the Central Division Champion Chicago Cubs is so encompassing there's no room left in my heart or soul.

But I do care about paying too much for digital cable. Thanks for reminding me. I need to call them tomorrow and point out that, since baseball is quite over until April, I shouldn't be paying extra for those out-of-market baseball games that aren't being played.

Erin said...

How the hell do you get away with only paying $160 - did you buy it late?? I spent 250 the first year, and now I'm down to 210 because of early preference because I've had it a few years. I ended watching the Cleveland Miami game until the score was 3 to 2 and then i couldn't take it anymore, lol. I turned it back though when people started scoring, but it was pretty much a yawn fest until the Indy SD game which was the most exciting of the day... but that is of course because my Pats weren't playing ;)