Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Prairie Home Stalker


I guess you never can tell who is going to catch someones eye, since it seems Garrison Keillor needs a restraining order against a woman in Georgia. I mean, sheesh, he has a nice little voice, but he reads stories and tells anctedotes that are allegedly supposed to be funny. This man is 65 and not exactly a sex symbol. I mean c'mon, look at him.

Though, if the reports are true, I would worry a tad bit about this woman. Nevermind the rambling emails and phone calls, there was also apparently mummified lizard parts sent in the mail as well. I know nothing says I want to sleep with you like mummified lizard parts. And the suspect is not exactly doing a wonder for herself if this quote is her best defense.

Campbell said Keillor had misunderstood the letters, e-mails, packages and phone calls. She said she was never closer to his house than the sidewalk.


Yea, terrific, you have never been closer then the man's sidewalk, great call. Unless you are holding up a boombox over your head when you are standing outside of someones sidewalk, you are probably a stalker, no matter how bad your taste maybe.

5 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

Yeah, I used to like to listen to his show on Saturday night on the way to a little local cafe to dine on oyster stew. His homey humor was amusing.

Having said that, there is nothing, no thing about him that is attractive to me. I wouldn't even share a "mummified lizard part" with him. I hold my mummified lizard parts sacred. ;)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Now, I always enjoyed jean Shepard more....but not once could you find me standing on the sidewalk outside HIS house!

The saying is that there is one person for each and every one of us...so in the same vein as your comments from yesterday's post (which I just added to BTW), beauty whether visual or aural is in the eyes/ears of the beholder...

Valtool said...

As a Georgian, I have to speak up and say that the actions of this woman have no reflection or association with me, or my not-caring-at-all-about Garrison K self.

However, in Georgia, I caught two cardinals (male and female) at my birdfeeder Tuesday and they can be seen here...
http://www.valtool.blogspot.com

Anthony said...

Letterman had that woman who stayed in his house, and he ain't no Redford, either.

I never "got" Keillor's gig, either. That wholesome crap must sell somewhere. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that we're all one country.
I guess it's middle-American or something, or that cornball Swedish Minnesota gang?

rennratt said...

I have never really understood GK's appeal - in ANY sense of the word.

I am mystified - and somewhat grossed out - over his alleged 'sex appeal'.